Meeting others with iPhone

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
Well the other night I was at Cheese Burger in paradise ( restarant/bar)
I looked over to my right and this guy has an iPhone.. So im like hey did you update to 1.1.3.... well from there we started talking.. This is the first time in my life I felt like a dork explaining the features of the new update. He had no clue about the map upgrade on locate urself. Well I have to say thanks to EIC.... This site helped me sound like a goober explaining the features of the iPhone...

Hopefully he signs up to the site I told him and his friend with an iPhone also to join so if you they signed up hopefully they read this lol

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
its is funny that you mention this.. i have met some people with iPhones and i have got to say that people really don't know about them when they get them.. that is ok, i don't mind helping...

i get the hot chicks that got it because its cool and i get the old house wifes that got it from their kids... i have to say that it has been fun helping them all...

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I was talking to a gentleman, at the local Starbucks. He has had his iPhone about five months. He was shocked to find out that, Apple even released updates. He told me, after the activation and loading of media onto his phone. He had never sync'd again. I also gave him the URL of this site. Wow, I wonder what rock, he's been hiding under...Mark

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
this is similar to what happened to me last week when i was in my world religions class. the guy next to me put his iPhone on the table so he could check the time over and over and after class i was like "nice phone"(while holding the phone out). i asked if he had updated and he had but didn't know about EIC ; ;. he also told me about modding and i had no idea you could do that! :p

anyway so we actually talked about it for a bit until i had to go to my next class. i like meeting other people with the iPhone. it's neat.

hpuk

Bronze
Jan 2, 2008
London
Ive just got back from a fashion show in Barcelona and I have never seen so many people with iPhones! I was chattin to a few people who had them and no one seem to even know half of the stuff that you can do on the iPhone, even when i showed them my theme on my phone there lights lit up :eek: with jealousy! lol

If only every one who had a iPhone realized what they could do! I think the world would be a better place :p

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I have no idea how people live without knowing the capabilities of their gadgets. Before AND after I get a new gizmo or gadget I have to make sure that I am using it to its full capability. EIC and iPhone go hand in hand.

I guess that means there are two types of iPhone users. The kind that come to EIC and know what the iPhone will do. And then the kind that get the iPhone because the saw someone else using it and thought it was cool.

I have no idea what I would do without the information on this site! Thanks EIC!

hpuk

Bronze
Jan 2, 2008
London
ditto! long live EIC

I have no idea how people live without knowing the capabilities of their gadgets. Before AND after I get a new gizmo or gadget I have to make sure that I am using it to its full capability. EIC and iPhone go hand in hand.

I guess that means there are two types of iPhone users. The kind that come to EIC and know what the iPhone will do. And then the kind that get the iPhone because the saw someone else using it and thought it was cool.

I have no idea what I would do without the information on this site! Thanks EIC!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I haven't met many people with the iPhone but the one's I have met had no idea about modding and personalizing the phone. My iPhone continues to be the COOLEST of all iPhones I've seen in person. I always try to introduce EverythingIcafe to these people. Not a single person has said that they DID NOT want some sort of custom modifications....

dazza

Sep 19, 2007
I've never seen anyone else with one in the Uk!

God I need to get out more!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I've never seen anyone else with one in the Uk!

God I need to get out more!

Thats because the phone has not been in the UK long enough, wait 6 months.

I was at Macaroni grill Saturday nite, I saw at least 4 people without even trying to look. When we were sitting at our table, someone said hy Julies pictures are up at the photog's website, so I loaded it up and and we looked.

Then a girl sitting behind me asked me about my phone, she showed me hers and I showed her mine :p Then I showed here the 1.1.3 etc

Anyway long story short, I took her home and here I am today, now I need to get those pics off the phone.:eek:

KeKe

Bronze
Dec 26, 2007
I haven't met anyone with an iPhone yet. A few people in my school have it but most of the touch. I remember berfore I got the phone I would do research on it everyday by watching videos on youtube or looking on websites. I couldn't have my parents buy me the phone and not know the capabilities. And plus I couldn't stop thinking about all day.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've seen quite a few and I talk to them all. Strangely, 90% don't have a clue what jailbreaking is and are still on the original firmware version, or don't have a clue what firmware even is.

- John

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i see people with them now and then... i tend not to mention it... i'm antisocial like that.

although, there is this kid at work that has one, and i helped him jailbreak and load custom themes. Complete strangers are a different story.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'm in the minority, most people I have met have modded their phones... That's odd. Maybe a SoCal thing?

Optimous

Bronze
Nov 30, 2007
i meet a few girls in my ight school with one we talked and stuff not about the iPhone do ...see i think my iPhone is just a magnet for girls to play with and while they check it out i tell them my rule if you play with the phone you got to put your number in" in a playful manner....almost always works.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
i meet a few girls in my ight school with one we talked and stuff not about the iPhone do ...see i think my iPhone is just a magnet for girls to play with and while they check it out i tell them my rule if you play with the phone you got to put your number in" in a playful manner....almost always works.
Yeah, I think you should quit humping that safe and get a real girl...mmmmm:p

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yeah, I think you should quit humping that safe and get a real girl...mmmmm:p
When I first saw that avatar I thought the green safe had eyes. On closer inspection, it's just the wheel.

- John

g35driver

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
UT
freemulah4you.tripod.com
Same thing happened to me lol. This kid saw my phone at a party and he wanted to look at it. It started asking so many questions (his phone didn't even have a page worth of icons, dead stock) so I explained some things and went on my way lol

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I've seen quite a few and I talk to them all. Strangely, 90% don't have a clue what jailbreaking is and are still on the original firmware version, or don't have a clue what firmware even is.

- John
This is why I don't understand how Apple gets so freaked out over jailbreaking and uploading our own r/t's and such. We are really only a small percetage of iPhone owners (I think), and some on this forum don't even jailbreak.

Back on topic---I work with a couple of ppl who own iPhones now. One, a beautiful blonde who has jailbroken hers, and one a guy with no desire to mess with it. Other than that, I've never seen another.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
The girl that works at my kids dentist office had one and when I used mine in front of her to put in my kids next appointments in the calendar she looked at my background and asked how I did that. I told her it was from modding. She stared at me blankly and then wanted to know how to do it. She has not updated since buying her phone in July. I referred her to this sight. Also my neighbor has an ipod touch, when I showed her what I did to my husbands ipod touch and to my iPhone she just stared at me also and asked if I was the kind of hacker that can hack into peoples computers and banks and stuff. I just laughed and told her it was nothing like that. Now all my neighbors think I am some computer hacker! They have no clue.

Here in California there is a morning news on Fox and one of the anchors is Jillian Reynolds (She also does some football shows, you men might know her from that) and she was also on the Skating with Celebrities show. Anyways, she has been showing off her iPhone every morning on the news and taking pictures while on air, etc.