Menu Shrinked

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

alansmith

Bronze
Oct 23, 2011
Hi

for some strange reason the icons of my apps have shrinked, i want to change the size of the apps on the menu to what it should be

can anyone help?

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I've seen this happen.
Do a hard reset. Hold the home and power button at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off. When you see the Apple symbol release both buttons. Wait one minute and poof like Apple magic all should be back to normal

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I've seen this happen.
Do a hard reset. Hold the home and power button at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off. When you see the Apple symbol release both buttons. Wait one minute and poof like Apple magic all should be back to normal
I've never seen the icons become smaller in size. HMM!

alansmith

Bronze
Oct 23, 2011
I've seen this happen.
if i cold the menu button will that break my jail break?

alansmith

Bronze
Oct 23, 2011
I've seen this happen.
will this work?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
From the sounds of things you've installed something on your device e.g Shrink - This can make your icons smaller. Have you jailbroken from a previously jailbroken backup?

When you jailbreak and backup, the actual backup will save a few of your jailbroken settings, check which apps you have installed Cydia.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
From the sounds of things you've installed something on your device e.g Shrink - This can make your icons smaller. Have you jailbroken from a previously jailbroken backup?

When you jailbreak and backup, the actual backup will save a few of your jailbroken settings, check which apps you have installed Cydia.
I was thinking this as well. I have a Cydia tweak called Bigify that, in the settings, you can change the size of your apps to very big or very tiny.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Bigify is basically the free version of Shrink. I purchased Shrink when it first came out, sort of wish I'd have waited a little longer.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Bigify is basically the free version of Shrink. I purchased Shrink when it first came out, sort of wish I'd have waited a little longer.
Ohh! Well, sadly I'm sticking with all free apps and tweaks. I may ask for a giftcard for my birthday and use that to go crazy in Cydia!

Anyways, back on topic. You have to be very careful when using a backup of Cydia apps! :)

But this doesn't seem like a big issue. It may just be a setting that your apps are tiny.

alansmith

Bronze
Oct 23, 2011

i did have a app which has shrinked my background but ive tried to get the same app and change the background it still don't work

alansmith

Bronze
Oct 23, 2011
I was thinking this as well. I have a Cydia tweak called Bigify that, in the settings, you can change the size of your apps to very big or very tiny.

whats the app called? do i need to add bigfy to the sources? as you might tell im novice when it comes to jailbreaking etc