Message pops up everytime I plug in iPhone....Help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

catagory5

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Everytime I plug in My iPhone to my computer it Opens up iTunes perfectly and normal. Then the problem. It also opens up a screen that says something like;

Apple iPhone

Camera Connected

Select the program to launch this application

Then it lists Microsoft office publisher, Microsoft scanner and camera wizard, and photoshop elements.
The screwed up thing is that if I click Cancel on the little screen then it will close iPhone out of iTunes.....?

Anyone got any idea why this is going on?
Thanks

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
:eek: that isn't suppose to happen.. at least IMO
could you just ignore it until your completely synced with itune. or you must ask the technical supports

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Everytime I plug in My iPhone to my computer it Opens up iTunes perfectly and normal. Then the problem. It also opens up a screen that says something like;

Apple iPhone

Camera Connected

Select the program to launch this application

Then it lists Microsoft office publisher, Microsoft scanner and camera wizard, and photoshop elements.
The screwed up thing is that if I click Cancel on the little screen then it will close iPhone out of iTunes.....?

Anyone got any idea why this is going on?
Thanks
See here:
http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/stupid-scanner-and-camera-wizard-in-way-of-iphone.5752/

Just get rid of that prompt altogether:

1.) Go to My Computer.

2.) Scroll to Scanners and Cameras.

3.) Right-click "Apple iPhone" and left-click "Properties" in the popup box.

4.) Within properties window click on the "Events" tab.

5.) Ensure "Take no action" is the selected option under "Actions."

--
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
That screen pops up because your iPhone's photo storage is accessed via usb when you plug it in regardless of iTunes. I hate it myself but I don't have a problem when hitting the cancel button thats weird....

Jul 18, 2007
well, mine says "the software required for iPhone is not installed. run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again". i followed this steps but still, i can't get my iPhone connected to itune. pls. help.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
well, mine says "the software required for iPhone is not installed. run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again". i followed this steps but still, i can't get my iPhone connected to itune. pls. help.
So, when you have iTunes running, and you plug in the phone, it doesn't show it on the left side? Around the middle of the folders panel?