panda

Bronze
Mar 15, 2008
In the past month I've had a warning message come up 3 times on my screen. Same message: "Repair needed. Contact Apple Store". It seems to happen after I've had the iPhone stored in my belt-clip holster (almost fully enclosed) for some time. The iPhone has become quite hot and when I try to use it comes up with the message. It works fine after a full restart, but I'm wondering if there's a real problem or not. The holster has a magnetic flap to stay closed - would that cause any issue? I haven't done a restore as I have so many apps and data on board that it'd be a last resort for me due to time to reinstate all the extras.
Anyone have any ideas or help? Many thanks in advance.
**iPhone 16GB (112 OTB in March08) 114 ZiPhoned - activated, jailbreaked, unlocked

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
i had this message and all was fine until about a month after the first time i got this message. My phone quit making & receiving calls. my wifi was greyed out as well. i had to send it back to Apple the other day. im waiting for them to send me a fixed one.

k412m4

Bronze
Mar 23, 2008
Maybe you should do that it says, and take it to Apple? :)

Trying to figure out the problem yourself is going to be a waste of time. There are too many possibilities as to what the problem can be.

Be sure to backup ALL of your important data and do a restore. My phone completely crashed yesterday (jailbroken and loaded with apps) and I did a restore, but this restore had a problem and screwed up the phone making it un-operable. So I took it to Apple, they restored it (not knowing it was jailbroken) but I insisted on getting a new one because it still had other problems.

It's safer to get it fixed or replaced now while you still have a warranty. Forget about the apps.. They aren't that important. What's the use of the apps if the phone doesn't work...

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
In the past month I've had a warning message come up 3 times on my screen. Same message: "Repair needed. Contact Apple Store". It seems to happen after I've had the iPhone stored in my belt-clip holster (almost fully enclosed) for some time. The iPhone has become quite hot and when I try to use it comes up with the message. It works fine after a full restart, but I'm wondering if there's a real problem or not. The holster has a magnetic flap to stay closed - would that cause any issue? I haven't done a restore as I have so many apps and data on board that it'd be a last resort for me due to time to reinstate all the extras.
Anyone have any ideas or help? Many thanks in advance.
**iPhone 16GB (112 OTB in March08) 114 ZiPhoned - activated, jailbreaked, unlocked
many people will tell you a magnetic flap has no effect. but if you do a google search for: "Repair needed. Contact Apple Store magnetic flap" but no quotes around it, you will find several people who only had this problem when using magnetic case...

pjw

Bronze
Sep 22, 2007
many people will tell you a magnetic flap has no effect. but if you do a google search for: "Repair needed. Contact Apple Store magnetic flap" but no quotes around it, you will find several people who only had this problem when using magnetic case...
don't know how much a magnetic case has to do with it, not arguing with you, just saying i have no idea. However, I also had mine in a magnetic case.