Messages aren't working?

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
Trying to send text messages to and Android phone but it keeps telling me the phone number isn't registered with iMessage! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
iMessage is designed for Apple devices that support iOS 5. You can send an iMessage back and forth between Apple devices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
Yes I know that that is why I'm asking for help because I'm using my regular message app but it wont work with phones that aren't iPhones

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Yes I know that that is why I'm asking for help because I'm using my regular message app but it wont work with phones that aren't iPhones
You should still be able to send non iMessage people text messages. Try looking through this help link below, maybe it will be able to assist you. Is your iMessage on? Are you using your phone number or email for iMessage?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
I try to turn it off but it automatically pops up and won't let me go forward until I set it up. I am using my email from my Apple ID but my verifying is my phone number. Also thanks for the link

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I try to turn it off but it automatically pops up and won't let me go forward until I set it up. I am using my email from my Apple ID but my verifying is my phone number. Also thanks for the link
You should be able to have iMessage on and text iPhone users through iMessage, as well as text other phone carriers with regular text messaging.

Do you have any Cydia apps or tweaks that may affect your text messaging?

Mi-Phone

Bronze
Feb 4, 2012
Hmm just disabled springtomize 2 and now it works. Guess maybe I had a setting somewhere it didn't like, thanks for the help now I just got to figure what was causing it to do that.