Messages+ is awesome

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Marianne, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

I can tell that I'm a nerd because I'm way too excited about this jailbreak app. :p Since I haven't seen anyone posting about it here (at least a search hasn't turned up much), I thought I'd share in case it will be of interest to others.

It's a very simple SMS/iMessage tweak. It's not an app that will give you more emoticons or other fancy new text messaging features. All it does is make it far easier to text from anywhere, even while you're using another app. You can access the messaging interface simply by swiping up from the bottom edge of the screen. Then you simply address and type your message and press send and this interface disappears and takes you right back to the app you were using.

If you get a new text message, you can tap on the notification pop-up at the top and it will reveal the same interface so you can reply quickly without exiting the app you're currently viewing.

That's it. It's very simple but is incredibly handy. Here's a video (not mine, just one I found) that demonstrates how it works very well.

I purchased it for $7.99 (I already had LockInfo and did not need Intelliscreen which it is bundled with for an extra $2) and it was well worth the price, IMHO.

(I know that there are other messaging tweaks and apps out there like BiteSMS and I'm not saying this one is better but I really like it and definitely recommend it.)

2. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

That's a nice tweak. I would def get it if I didn't have Zephyr which uses the swipe up from the bottom to reveal the multitask pane.

3. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

For what it's worth, you can change the gesture to activate Messages+ to anything you want using Activator. :)

4. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

Intelliborn has certainly come a long way since Tlert.

5. theorioles33

theorioles33 Evangelist
    Silver

Yes. Great tweak. I wish Apple would implement something like this natively.