Messaging App worth jailbreaking?

xboxer123

Oct 17, 2007
im looking at possibly jailbreaking my 1.1.1 iPhone and sure the NES games are a good thing plus all the customization, but i was really wondering if there is a good 3rd party chat client that was worth the jailbreak. I use AIM solely and i think it would be worth it to me if i could assure myself of a good messaging app to install. Thanks for any help guys :cool:

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
The two most popular instant messaging options are MobileChat and ApolloIM. I never got around to trying Apollo because I heard it crashed a lot, but I've used MobileChat and it's fantastic!

I just upgraded to 1.1.1 on my phone and MobileChat is probably the biggest reason I want to re-jailbreak my phone.

xboxer123

Oct 17, 2007
cool thanks for the reply...now I just have to get the nerve to jailbreak lol

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
For all the bigger either of them are I installed both. I like the look and feel to Mobilechat, but I like that apollo has the aol sound when you get messages. Now I have 1.0.2 so it might just be my firmware but when i let Mobilechat on all night I have to reset my phone in the am, apollo doesn't do that. They are both great though!