Messaging App worth jailbreaking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xboxer123

Oct 17, 2007
im looking at possibly jailbreaking my 1.1.1 iPhone and sure the NES games are a good thing plus all the customization, but i was really wondering if there is a good 3rd party chat client that was worth the jailbreak. I use AIM solely and i think it would be worth it to me if i could assure myself of a good messaging app to install. Thanks for any help guys :cool:

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
The two most popular instant messaging options are MobileChat and ApolloIM. I never got around to trying Apollo because I heard it crashed a lot, but I've used MobileChat and it's fantastic!

I just upgraded to 1.1.1 on my phone and MobileChat is probably the biggest reason I want to re-jailbreak my phone.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
For all the bigger either of them are I installed both. I like the look and feel to Mobilechat, but I like that apollo has the aol sound when you get messages. Now I have 1.0.2 so it might just be my firmware but when i let Mobilechat on all night I have to reset my phone in the am, apollo doesn't do that. They are both great though!