Microsoft Exchange, Novell, Powerschool and the 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by inertialnav, Mar 6, 2010.

1. inertialnav

inertialnav New Member

I'm a teacher here in SC and we're about to go over to Microsoft Exchange and PowerSchool next year. (We're using Novell right now.)

What experiences have users out there had in this respect? Is it effective to use the iPhone with exchange? What about Novell? Is there a way to get Novell on the iPhone? I used Outlook in another state, but never on my phone.

Also, has anyone used PowerSchool on the iPhone? If so, what are your experiences?

2. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

Sorry, but never had experience with Novell or PowerSchool on the iPhone. I'd imagine they would have some type of IMAP capability. As for Exchange, I think the best interface with it is via ActiveSync... which the iPhone (thankfully) has. It pretty much seamlessly synches your mail, calendar and contacts between your phone and exchange.

3. PapaST

PapaST Member
    Bronze

FWIW... I googled PowerSchool and perused the sites... looks like it is developed by Pearson. It's probably a good sign that they have a pic of an iPhone on their site. And since you're not integrating with PowerSchool till next year... that gives more time for apps to be developed if they haven't been already.

4. cherrypowers

cherrypowers New Member

Yes, actually they're upgrading for iPhone users and other phone holder. Making the closer relationship with parents-teacher and students.