Microsoft Outlook 2010 help

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
Hey guys,

I am planning to use MS Outlook 2010 for my emails. Uptil now i was strictly using web. I wanna use as an IMAP option.

The issue is that my GMAIL email account is almost 5 years old. So if i use IMAP it will download all the messages right from start. This is what i don't want. I do have limited bandwidth on my wifi ( Yes, it does happen in few parts of the world) . So all i want is outlook to download only 1 month old emails or even 6 months also i don't mind. and then just download the new ones as they arrive. Let the emails older than 1 month or 6 months remain the way they are.

Is there any option to do so?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I really am interested in an answer to that question to. Both Outlook and Mail (Mac application) seem to download all the messages which not only consume a lot of bandwidth but also take forever.

verwon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 29, 2011
Seattle
I had the same problem with it and never could get it to change how many it downloaded. Took a long time with about 17,000 emails in the one folder.

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
I had the same problem with it and never could get it to change how many it downloaded. Took a long time with about 17,000 emails in the one folder.
With all of you reporting negatively, I guess there is no way around it. Unfortunately, m gonna stick to web in that case. :(