Microsoft Outlook express

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Meghan, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Meghan

Meghan New Member

I recently upgraded to iOS 6.0 on my iPad and can no longer access my work email. To access it, I have to go to my works website and then click on the link for email. (Which is outlook express). It always worked before the upgrade and I'm wondering if there is a connection as to why its not working and what I can do to fix it!
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Try deleting the email account and connecting it again. Hope this does the trick for you!

3. Meghan

Meghan New Member

Thanks, and normally I would do that but it's not an email account that I have set up on my iPad. I am a teacher so I go to the schools website and access it through there. I go to the website and click on staff email, and then it just stays "loading" and never loads. It worked up until the update. Any other suggestions? Maybe I clicked something to not allow outlook express?

4. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

You might try clearing the browser cache. Maybe there is a stray file in there somewhere that's breaking it.

Settings -> Safari -> "Clear History" and "Clear Cookies and Data".

Also try Chrome, which is a free download from the App Store.

5. Meghan

Meghan New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm so frustrated. I tried clearing cookies, data and history as well as download Google Chrome and I'm still getting the same thing. I click on staff email (which should bring you into the sign in for outlook) and it just comes up as an untitled tab that just stayed fixed in the loading screen. Should I bring it to Apple?

6. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

The browser got significant upgrades between iOS 5 and 6, and maybe one of those caused Outlook Web Access to break due to the way it works.

It might not be a problem Apple can fix. It can't hurt to get another set of eyes to look at it, though.

Have you tried asking the IT department to help you set your email up on the native Mail app on the iPad? I hooked my iPhone up to my work email, it was a cinch, but I think it requires that they enable something on their server.

7. Meghan

Meghan New Member

Good suggestion! I will ask at work tomorrow! I'm just so annoyed because I don't have a computer at home, my iPad is my only device and now I can't respond to parents , students etc bc I can't check my mail. Thanks for all of your help though!

8. EQBob

EQBob New Member

Try downloading another ipad browser like atomic which you can set to mimic different browsers like desktop safari, ie8, etc. sounds like a typical browser specific javascript error n the page coding.