Microsoft Outlook notes

KAKershaw

Bronze
Sep 3, 2008
Is there any software that allows you to copy all your notes from Microsoft Outlook to the 3G iPhone?

Keith

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Nothing that I've found yet.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
what version of office outlook? there used to be an appl called documents to go but that was a few years ago and may not work on iPhone. good luck and let us know if you find something ! peace!

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
what version of office outlook? there used to be an appl called documents to go but that was a few years ago and may not work on iPhone. good luck and let us know if you find something ! peace!
Just got word this week that DataViz's Documents to Go IS coming to the iPhone. It'll be great.

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
Just got word this week that DataViz's Documents to Go IS coming to the iPhone. It'll be great.
there is your answer! anything you can do in outlook you can do in DTG!

Impaler whats your source. Id like to read that if you get a link. seriously.

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Check out Evernote. I use this for all note-taking now.

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
OK, I signed up for notification. the site says Word, Excel and Powerpoint. that will be great, however it does not say anything about Outlook. do not get me wreong i have used dataviz before and loved it, however outlook and tasks is what i am looking for the most.
Don't expect Outlook tasks support in this product.

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
Check out Evernote. I use this for all note-taking now.
Last week, after giving up on wasting my time manually entering notes into the iPhone as copies of my Outlook notes, I decided to actually try to use the notes feature in Mail.app in Leopard to create notes, store them in a folder I created in my MobileMe IMAP mailbox called "Notes", and now I have access to them all the time. Changing them isn't possible on iPhone or until I'm home on my Mac to make the changes in Mail, but at least I have working copies in my inbox to access, that are easily changeable and I can access from any Internet-connected computer.

Mail is the wrong place to do notes, and although it's kind of clunky, it's free and it is a potential solution.