Might get a 3G S, but...

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
I bought my iPhone last December, had that one blow up and got a new factory replacement, and now I'm considering eating the $399 :D and getting a new "S". My question is about my apps...will they all transfer over to the new phone with no issues or is there some finite number of phones you can hook your account to? If so, how many?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
You will be able to transfer your apps fine.

Jun 12, 2009
I bought my iPhone last December, had that one blow up and got a new factory replacement, and now I'm considering eating the $399 :D and getting a new "S". My question is about my apps...will they all transfer over to the new phone with no issues or is there some finite number of phones you can hook your account to? If so, how many?
i think u should wait for the next iPhone...since the 3gs doesn't change that much..i MIGHT buy it if my budget allows and if i see some long time requested features..the next iPhone will be very cool i hope...although the ipod app and phone app is all i need..from the iPhone..

BoomerFZ1

Bronze
Dec 10, 2008
Oh, have no fear, I'll be getting that next sucker too. Unless they come out with something nice with Android on it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
i think u should wait for the next iPhone...since the 3gs doesn't change that much..i MIGHT buy it if my budget allows and if i see some long time requested features..the next iPhone will be very cool i hope...although the ipod app and phone app is all i need..from the iPhone..
That's highly debatable. What about people who want to use more than the phone and iPod on their iPhone? Hoping for next year's model is dubious; suppose the major change in the 2010 model is cosmetic?

3GS:
Faster CPU
Faster Browsing
Video recording
Video editing
MMS and tethering (late summer)
Improved camera with auto-focus, auto-white balance, auto exposure and tap-to-focus
Hardware compass (useful in GPS apps, etc.)
Louder speaker

The 3GS is a huge upgrade for me from my 3G.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If you're that kind of phone lover, you'll find the $400 upgrade to the 3GS well worth it, in my opinion!

Jun 12, 2009
That's highly debatable. What about people who want to use more than the phone and iPod on their iPhone? Hoping for next year's model is dubious; suppose the major change in the 2010 model is cosmetic?

3GS:
Faster CPU
Faster Browsing
Video recording
Video editing
MMS and tethering (late summer)
Improved camera with auto-focus, auto-white balance, auto exposure and tap-to-focus
Hardware compass (useful in GPS apps, etc.)
Louder speaker

The 3GS is a huge upgrade for me from my 3G.
and wait for the next iPhone:):):)...will be way faster on browsing, better video recording, better video editing, probably a better camera and a even louder speaker..and of course a faster processor..cause hey look at this

´the fastest most powerful iPhone YET´...

so...well you get what im saying..:eek:k:eek:k

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Um... every iPhone is going to be better than the last. How disappointing would it be if they weren't?

I guess I don't see your point, Mr. Reggaeton.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Yeah, I know. Upgrading's a very personal decision, though. Sounds like this poster has made up his mind about it already.

Jun 12, 2009
Yeah, I know. Upgrading's a very personal decision, though. Sounds like this poster has made up his mind about it already.
i think i would wait for the next iPhone, since i will be eligible for upgrade and if it has some long time requested features that shouldnt be that hard to add, like for example Java for web browsing, a xenon flash for the camera, send files over bluetooth, you know, stuff that have been around for a while on other phones...im sure u agree with me:eek:k:eek:k

Jun 12, 2009
Then wait for the final iteration of the iPhone in 2018; that will be the ultimate!

Because when you buy that 2010 model, you'll be second-guessing yourself about the 2011 model, as nauseum.

hahahahhaa...2018...lol wow V you crack me up..

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
i think i would wait for the next iPhone, since i will be eligible for upgrade and if it has some long time requested features that shouldnt be that hard to add, like for example Java for web browsing, a xenon flash for the camera, send files over bluetooth, you know, stuff that have been around for a while on other phones...im sure u agree with me:eek:k:eek:k
Like I said, it's a personal thing. I agree that those features would be nice (if by Java you meant Flash), but for me, those features would sell me on a new iPhone even less than the speed increase benefit of the current 3G->3GS upgrade. For me, speed is key to the mobile experience, and the 3GS does it for me.

Now if the next iPhone has a 1Ghz processor, I'll be jealous. Like I said, it's always a personal thing which features excite you most.

Jun 12, 2009
Like I said, it's a personal thing. I agree that those features would be nice (if by Java you meant Flash), but for me, those features would sell me on a new iPhone even less than the speed increase benefit of the current 3G->3GS upgrade. For me, speed is key to the mobile experience, and the 3GS does it for me.

Now if the next iPhone has a 1Ghz processor, I'll be jealous. Like I said, it's always a personal thing which features excite you most.
1ghz processor...wow i get goosebumps just thinking of that..and yes by java i meant flash..but hey..it is like u said..it IS about personal chocie, because those little extra features that i mentioned above do matter to me, the speed of the 3g is enough for me, but hey its like u said, IT IS a personal choice;)

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I think it comes down to how much the "new iPhone" is worth to you. If you're not upgrade eligible and are forced to pay $200-$300 over the upgrade eligible pricing, the features of the "new iPhone" may not be worth it to you.

Jun 12, 2009
I think it comes down to how much the "new iPhone" is worth to you. If you're not upgrade eligible and are forced to pay $200-$300 over the upgrade eligible pricing, the features of the "new iPhone" may not be worth it to you.
i cannot say more how right you are my friend, because when the 3GS came out i though it was a whole new iPhone(which it is) with like, xenon flash, you know, send files over bluetooth and record video in HD, webcam for video conference and all those stuff, but when it didn't have a lot of new stuff, i was kinda bummed out and i didn't want to buy it that much, i still wanted it a little bit because it was way faster an has a better camera, but when i checked the price(im not eligible for and upgrade until 2010)that it was 599.00 for the 16gb and 699.00 for the 32 gb, i was like yes RIGHTTTT...so u do have a point my friend, it doesn't matter if the next iPhone has a 10 megapixel camera with xenon flash, and a HD recording video, or even a 200 gb HD with a 2 ghz processor, it all comes down to the price that your willing to pay for the device..