Mighty mouse down scroll

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I just had an issue where scrolling up worked fine on my mouse, but scrolling down stopped working. I looked it up and found a fix. If you experience a problem with the scrolling wheel of a mighty mouse, turn it upside down and blow air onto the scroll wheel while scrolling it. It resolved my problem quickly.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I usually turm mine upside down in a fit of rage and rub the scroll ball all over the desk until it works again. I'll try your method next time!

IceCold357

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2009
I swear after going through 2 of those Mighty Mouses; those things are worthless. I refuse to purchase another one of those things.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I swear after going through 2 of those Mighty Mouses; those things are worthless. I refuse to purchase another one of those things.
I'll play with mine for at least a year. It might be three if I decide to get the Applecare.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
I have to address this every couple of months due to the kids gaming. Just douse a cue-tip with rubbing alcohol and roll it around the ball if you don't have any compressed air around.

Aug 7, 2009
Go do your self a huge favor and buy a targus bluetooth mouse. Ive had 3 mighty mouses and all three, the scroll stoped working. The targus has a great touch scroll and you don't loose the expose button!

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
Still having issues with the scroll wheel. Now I take a sheet of paper and turn the mouse upside down, press down on the paper with the wheel and spin it around. My scroll wheel works now, and I got to see the junk that was in the wheel. I am seriously contemplating the magic mouse.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Thread jack below....
How do you make the thumb buttons on a normal mouse act as back/forward buttons for Mac?