Migrating calendar and contacts from Treo 680 to 3G iPhone

Nov 26, 2008
The salesman at AT&T said I could migrate all my contact and calendar infor from my Treo 680 to my new iPhone 3G, but I can't figure out how to do that. Anyone got any suggestions or software recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
The easiest way is to sync both with Outlook.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Outlook if you have Windows. If you are a Macintosh user, just copy the contacts from your Treo to the Address Book in your Applications folder, then go to your iTunes 8, contacts category, and then Sync Contacts with Address Book.

drmike

Nov 26, 2008
Treo 680

I just did the same thing a few days ago. What you need to do is pull out your Palm installation software and it will give you a choice on where to sync your contacts and address book. Choose Outlook. Once you sync your Ipod, all of this information will now be on the new phone. Unfortunately, your previoius Memo's will not be there. I copied and pasted all of mine on to Tasks on Outlook, but they still did not sync onto to the iPhone.

Outlook if you have Windows. If you are a Macintosh user, just copy the contacts from your Treo to the Address Book in your Applications folder, then go to your iTunes 8, contacts category, and then Sync Contacts with Address Book.

Nov 26, 2008
The easiest way is to sync both with Outlook.

Thanks, Joe.

I'm now wrestling with that process. It looks pretty sraightforward for calendar, but more problematic for the contacts with their notes, etc.

Nov 26, 2008
I just did the same thing a few days ago. What you need to do is pull out your Palm installation software and it will give you a choice on where to sync your contacts and address book. Choose Outlook. Once you sync your Ipod, all of this information will now be on the new phone. Unfortunately, your previoius Memo's will not be there. I copied and pasted all of mine on to Tasks on Outlook, but they still did not sync onto to the iPhone.

Thanks, Mike.

I'm now trying to work through the process with Outlook which I haven't used in the severall years since I converted to MSN's web based email program. I like your suggestion, and will give it a try.