"Mini-laptop" purchasing help

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I was thinking about purchasing a mini laptop or "ultraportable" and was looking for some help. I know nothing much about computers anymore. I see these mini laptops on engadget priced around $500. Question is which one would be best for the money? I think they're all around the same price. Just wondering if any of you tech guys would know about these.

Arcano

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
I was thinking about purchasing a mini laptop or "ultraportable" and was looking for some help. I know nothing much about computers anymore. I see these mini laptops on engadget priced around $500. Question is which one would be best for the money? I think they're all around the same price. Just wondering if any of you tech guys would know about these.
I own an EEE PC from Asus and it's awesome.....this is a little monster and it's on your price range, maybe you could check it out.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I was looking at the 900. But I don't know if I want xp or Linux. Ive never used Linux, but Ive heard good things about it and theres more memory on the Linux version for the same price. Any input anyone?

Arcano

Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
I was looking at the 900. But I don't know if I want xp or Linux. Ive never used Linux, but Ive heard good things about it and theres more memory on the Linux version for the same price. Any input anyone?
I didn´t had any experience with Linux when I bought the EEE PC and so far I´m very happy...mainly because the PC comes preloaded with everything you need and gives you the option to save files in XP making the transition non existing.

Just check some reviews on line. :laugh2:

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
What exactly do you want to do with it?

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
Well, personally I'd try browsing eBay but I know how apprehensive people can be about stuff like that.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Have you checked this out:

http://www.dealigg.com/story-HP-2133-Mini-Note-8-9-Widescreen-Ultra-Mobile-PC-Laptops-Sale

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/e...r2910_performics/k111512/Primary&ampdfmt=fy08

I just came across it today. Not sure if it might be of interest to you?