Mirror Free.. is it a crap app?

Jul 20, 2009
Iceland
I've been looking at the app store during the week (I use to do this to find new interesting app for my iPhone) and I was really surprised when I saw that Mirror Free reached the first place on the USA Top applications.
I've tried that app but I just can't realize what's its appeal.. I found it useless and even ugly..
Have you tried it? can someone give me a reason to not delay it from my iPhone right now?
Thanks to all!

Cheers,

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well.. if it was free.. and you think it's a crappy app and have no use for it..

Why are you asking us if you should delete it?

Jul 20, 2009
Iceland
'Cause I want to know if someone have found that useful and maybe could give tips to me, anyway I'll delete.. no prob ;)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, tell me this: when you turn off your iPhone's screen, do you find the blank screen to be an adequate mirror?

If so, have you ever wished that mirror-like image had a border around it of some sort?

If you answered yes to both of these questions, you should get the app.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
It is indeed a crap app. I'm sure that there are a handful of people who might like this app, but I am not one of them.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
There was an article about this app today on Yahoo. An ad network firm claims it could generate $2000 a day in ad revenue.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
There was an article about this app today on Yahoo. An ad network firm claims it could generate $2000 a day in ad revenue.
The people who would advertise on this app would be wasting their money. Even if it is a top ten download, it is still crappy. Why would you want to be associated with a crappy app? I know I am not the only person reading this stuff that is tired of apps with no value, or purpose. Seems like everyone is just throwing stuff together to make a couple bucks off of the quick advertising. I wouldn't be able to tell you who advertises on that app, so the marketing departments paying big bucks for that slot failed IMO.:sneaky:

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
The people who would advertise on this app would be wasting their money. Even if it is a top ten download, it is still crappy. Why would you want to be associated with a crappy app? I know I am not the only person reading this stuff that is tired of apps with no value, or purpose. Seems like everyone is just throwing stuff together to make a couple bucks off of the quick advertising. I wouldn't be able to tell you who advertises on that app, so the marketing departments paying big bucks for that slot failed IMO.:sneaky:
I agree with you. There are plenty of crappy apps out there that are free, and I wouldn't even download them because they just clutter up my iPhone. This is that type of app. Besides, why would I want to look at my mug in a reflection on the iPhone?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I think the main problem is too many parents are buying their young kids iPhones, and young kids have crap taste in things. No offense to the younger members here ;)

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I think the main problem is too many parents are buying their young kids iPhones, and young kids have crap taste in things. No offense to the younger members here ;)
So the advertising gurus should push legos on crap apps?

Jun 30, 2009
I have also used it. Mirror Free tap the screen to change the mirror's frame. Then, look into the phone and see your reflection. This is the main feature of this app. But i think it is crappy one.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I have also used it. Mirror Free tap the screen to change the mirror's frame. Then, look into the phone and see your reflection. This is the main feature of this app. But i think it is crappy one.
I tried Mirror Free but the frame was too big. I searched for Mirror Paid, to see if it was better, but couldn't find it.

So I bought another app to turn my iPhone off and, voila, my iPhone really works like a mirror now. Sure it cost $3, but that's nothing for what I got. Heck, just yesterday I was stranded out in the desert and used it as a mirror to signal a low-flying plane about my dilemma. At first I couldn't remember Morse code but... well, you know, "there's an app for that."

--
Mike

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
I first saw this app on a buddy of mine's phone, which he uses as an iPod. I asked him about it when I couldn't figure it out, and he said,

"Oh you see, it's like a gag app. It says tap to change the frame, and multi-touch to bring up the help screen..."

He taps the screen a few times to cycle through the frames, and then starts tapping really fast.

"But see? When I multi-touch, the help screen doesn't come up!"

After laughing for some time, I explained the concept of "multi-touch", and needless to say, he felt pretty silly. I guess that just goes to show that you should always read the instruction manual!

Krogs

Jul 24, 2009
Heh, that has to be one bad app, but hey, if people are buying it, I think it is a good idea, especially considering they didn't spend anywhere near the effort some other developers do when building unsuccessful apps...