Mirroring from iPhone

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by Lon, May 22, 2013.

1. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I am trying to mirror the ABC app from my iPhone 5 to my Apple TV. The picture will not rotate from portrait to landscape So the video is essentially on its side. This has happened with other apps also. Is there something that I am missing, or that I can do to correct this?

Sent Using iCafe App

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I just tested it and it did the same thing to me. It worked fine on my iPad, but it switched from landscape to portrait view with a sideway video when I used my iPhone. I found a way to prevent this, though: Turn Mirroring on before you start the video and don't click the home button after it starts playing. It will switch to portrait if you click the home button and the only way to fix it is to start the video over again. It's just an iPhone bug and not a problem on the iPad, so use your iPad for ABC Mirroring if you have one. I also recommend reporting the problem to the developers.

3. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks Europa. That technique works on both the 4S and the 5 now. But of course the 5 projects a larger picture on the TV screen. I think I had the same problem with another app. When I remember which one it is I will try this method also.

Sent Using iCafe App