Misaligned Face Time Camera

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NickB

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Anyone else have a misaligned FaceTime camera? It doesn't seem to affect the pictures, but I can see it every time I look at the screen. Looks like the camera is shifted over and I can see the edge of the lens.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Posting a screen shot may help in figuring out what ails your camera. Baring that a Genius Bar appointment may be in order.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
We don't need to see the whole phone. Not even the bezel. Just the screen. So a screenshot would be helpful. Do you know how to take a screenshot? Press both the top power button and the home button at the same time.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

NickB

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Yes I know how to take screenshots, but that's like me saying, "I cracked my screen", and then sharing a screenshot to try to show the crack. Let's try this again...
image.jpg

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
My apologies, I misunderstood your initial post. If it doesn't affect your use of Face Time then I wouldn't worry too much about it. It does look kinda strange though. Let us know I you do anything further about it, I for one am curious.

NickB

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Yeah obviously I can't feel it, it doesn't affect the pictures either. I can just see it everytime I look at the phone. I was more curious If anyone else sees it on theirs. I feel for the price of the phone, I shouldn't have to look at that, so I may take it to the genius bar.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Apple will replace it for free if it bothers you. Just make a Genius Bar appointment.

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
We don't need to see the whole phone. Not even the bezel. Just the screen. So a screenshot would be helpful. Do you know how to take a screenshot? Press both the top power button and the home button at the same time.

I'm amazed at how many of you are rude with other members. It seems to be people who have been members for a long time that feel like they can just be rude at will, with others. It's one thing to be rude; its a whole other thing to be rude when YOU are the one who is wrong. iPutz apologized immediately upon realizing that they were wrong. Maybe you know something about the new phones that we don't. Does this mean I can put a piece of bacon on the phone and have it show up on a screen shot? The handful of you that are commonly short with others, post a lot on this forum and you think the moderators won't call you on the carpet. Well, maybe that will change. Maybe even members of the moderating staff will be asked to start being a little nicer to others. I'm not referring to you, Europa. You're good as gold. I don't mean to embarrass you but it's true. Every one in this community should present themselves as you do. I'm fed up with seeing a bunch of hateful bastards being rude when ever they feel like it. I'll just leave back away from this forum

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm amazed at how many of you are rude with other members. It seems to be people who have been members for a long time that feel like they can just be rude at will, with others. It's one thing to be rude; its a whole other thing to be rude when YOU are the one who is wrong. iPutz apologized immediately upon realizing that they were wrong. Maybe you know something about the new phones that we don't. Does this mean I can put a piece of bacon on the phone and have it show up on a screen shot? The handful of you that are commonly short with others, post a lot on this forum and you think the moderators won't call you on the carpet. Well, maybe that will change. Maybe even members of the moderating staff will be asked to start being a little nicer to others. I'm not referring to you, Europa. You're good as gold. I don't mean to embarrass you but it's true. Every one in this community should present themselves as you do. I'm fed up with seeing a bunch of hateful bastards being rude when ever they feel like it. I'll just leave back away from this forum
Ledsteplin wasn't rude, Mrallank59. He simply asked the poster if he knew how to take a screenshot. You'd be surprised at how many iPhone users don't know how.

I'm also getting very tired of your attitude here. If you want a vacation from the forum, I'd be more than happy to grant one. And yes, I'm doing this in public since you refuse to engage in private conversations.

It's your choice. My patience has come to an end.

Mrallank59

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 8, 2013
Come on, you don't have to flat out curse some one to be rude or condescending. And the reason I won't reply to your PMs is because I don't want to hear you further unload. Of course he was rude. He was also incorrect. "We don't need to see the whole phone". Who are you trying to convince of that not being rude? Taking a screen shot wasn't even the issue. So, you got it wrong, too. If I thought you wouldn't act as a rude immature kid I'd gladly respond to one of your numerous PMs. I don't need you to disconnect my account to back away. But I I also don't want to be threatened. So you do what makes you feel good

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Believe it or not, there are still folks who don't know how to make a screenshot. I wasn't trying to be rude. I was trying to cover all bases.

Jdsmitty10

Bronze
Oct 19, 2010
Mine looks exactly the same as the op's pic. I actually noticed it a few days ago and don't remember it always being like that(and thought it looked weird but didn't even think it was what the title of this thread states but now I do). Then I was browsing and found this thread. Seem like shotty craftsmanship. I had a lock button issue on my ip5 and ended up getting a refurb as a replacement through Verizon so I am prob just going to ignore this and keep my brand new phone since I don't live near any apple stores.

Sent using iCafe app