Misaligned Face Time Camera

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by NickB, Nov 3, 2014.

1. NickB

NickB Member
    Bronze

Anyone else have a misaligned FaceTime camera? It doesn't seem to affect the pictures, but I can see it every time I look at the screen. Looks like the camera is shifted over and I can see the edge of the lens.

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Posting a screen shot may help in figuring out what ails your camera. Baring that a Genius Bar appointment may be in order.

3. NickB

NickB Member
    Bronze

A screen shot won't show the physical phone. But here's the best shot I could get of the camera.

Attached Files:

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

We don't need to see the whole phone. Not even the bezel. Just the screen. So a screenshot would be helpful. Do you know how to take a screenshot? Press both the top power button and the home button at the same time.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

5. NickB

NickB Member
    Bronze

Yes I know how to take screenshots, but that's like me saying, "I cracked my screen", and then sharing a screenshot to try to show the crack. Let's try this again... image.jpg

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I can see the raised edge on one side.

7. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

My apologies, I misunderstood your initial post. If it doesn't affect your use of Face Time then I wouldn't worry too much about it. It does look kinda strange though. Let us know I you do anything further about it, I for one am curious.

8. NickB

NickB Member
    Bronze

Yeah obviously I can't feel it, it doesn't affect the pictures either. I can just see it everytime I look at the phone. I was more curious If anyone else sees it on theirs. I feel for the price of the phone, I shouldn't have to look at that, so I may take it to the genius bar.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple will replace it for free if it bothers you. Just make a Genius Bar appointment.

10. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm amazed at how many of you are rude with other members. It seems to be people who have been members for a long time that feel like they can just be rude at will, with others. It's one thing to be rude; its a whole other thing to be rude when YOU are the one who is wrong. iPutz apologized immediately upon realizing that they were wrong. Maybe you know something about the new phones that we don't. Does this mean I can put a piece of bacon on the phone and have it show up on a screen shot? The handful of you that are commonly short with others, post a lot on this forum and you think the moderators won't call you on the carpet. Well, maybe that will change. Maybe even members of the moderating staff will be asked to start being a little nicer to others. I'm not referring to you, Europa. You're good as gold. I don't mean to embarrass you but it's true. Every one in this community should present themselves as you do. I'm fed up with seeing a bunch of hateful bastards being rude when ever they feel like it. I'll just leave back away from this forum

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Ledsteplin wasn't rude, Mrallank59. He simply asked the poster if he knew how to take a screenshot. You'd be surprised at how many iPhone users don't know how.

I'm also getting very tired of your attitude here. If you want a vacation from the forum, I'd be more than happy to grant one. And yes, I'm doing this in public since you refuse to engage in private conversations.

It's your choice. My patience has come to an end.

12. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

Come on, you don't have to flat out curse some one to be rude or condescending. And the reason I won't reply to your PMs is because I don't want to hear you further unload. Of course he was rude. He was also incorrect. "We don't need to see the whole phone". Who are you trying to convince of that not being rude? Taking a screen shot wasn't even the issue. So, you got it wrong, too. If I thought you wouldn't act as a rude immature kid I'd gladly respond to one of your numerous PMs. I don't need you to disconnect my account to back away. But I I also don't want to be threatened. So you do what makes you feel good

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Now I feel good. But thanks for the lesson on rudeness.

#13 Napoleon PhoneApart, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Believe it or not, there are still folks who don't know how to make a screenshot. I wasn't trying to be rude. I was trying to cover all bases.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

15. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

You guys crack me up haha maybe I'm just tired but the screenshot idea had me in tears lol

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

He's gone now. You were in no way rude to him. Carry on.

17. Sschep1

Sschep1 Member
    Bronze

This thread made me laugh.

18. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I see what you mean now. Thanks!

19. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Wow! So this is the kind of comradery I've been missing? :rolleyes:

20. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Mine looks exactly the same as the op's pic. I actually noticed it a few days ago and don't remember it always being like that(and thought it looked weird but didn't even think it was what the title of this thread states but now I do). Then I was browsing and found this thread. Seem like shotty craftsmanship. I had a lock button issue on my ip5 and ended up getting a refurb as a replacement through Verizon so I am prob just going to ignore this and keep my brand new phone since I don't live near any apple stores.

Sent using iCafe app