Missed call or text message notification

rattlhed

Bronze
Feb 16, 2009
Bellevue, WA
www.rtaphotography.com
I purchased an iPhone 3G over the weekend, and have become pretty proficient with it in just the last couple fo days. But I can't seem to find help with this issue:

I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere that causes the phone to beep every so often if you miss a call or text message (however, I would find this more handy for misssed calls).

Currently, if I someone calls me, the phone will ring and then the voicemail kicks in. However, after this happens, the phone stays silent. Most phones that I have owned in the past will beep, say every 3 mintues or so, to let meknow that I missed a call. My iPhones does not do this, so if I miss a call, I'll never know about it until I click the home button and see the notification that I missed a call.

I find it a little inconvenient to have to click on my phone each time I come back to my office after being gone for a while to see if I missed a call. I'd much rather it beep at me to let me know that I did. I've gone through all the menus, but did not come across any function to control this.

-rattlhed

scottjf8

Silver
Aug 12, 2008
Intelliscreen. But it only works via jailbreak.

Feb 14, 2009
jailbreak it and there are a few apps out there that can do this for you! good luck
Any ones besides intelliscreen that is good? Intelliscreen has tons of apps that arent needed, how about 1 app that just does the reminder notifications? Thanks!

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Status Notifier will notify you on your status bar with an icon and you can also set reminders.

kevroc

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
There's not a NON Jailbreak App that will do what you want. Apple doesn't want Apps running in the background like that (except it's own). So the only way to get a reminder app is to JB. There's also an app called Remind Me that I've seen.