"Missed Call" screen in iOS 9

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by dmoskaluk, Sep 1, 2016.

1. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Only since updating to iOS 9 on both my iPhone 6 as well as my Wife's 6 Plus ( both excellent & generally trouble-free devices ) have I we had an issue with the display of the screen when an inbound call is missed. This is, when this screen appears, probably 30 % of the time, one can't dismiss it or in any way go beyond it. One must actually turn the phone off ( soft reset ) to see the missed call notification and /or use the device. We are both now on 9.3.5, but this glitch or bug has been popping up since upgrading from the original iOS 8 which the phones shipped with. The prompts for 'back' , 'Send a Message' , 'Cancel', or 'Accept' are intermittently totally unresponsive. Both phones have been hard reset several times over this issue ( and a few others ) and are normally updated OTA ( whith the exception of the iOS 8 to iOS 9 transition last fall which I did in iTunes as is my habit for non-incrememtals. Im happy to simply wait for iOS 10 before doing anything drastic, but wonder if anyone out there in iPhone-land has seen this behaviour. ? IMG_0083.JPG IMG_0083.JPG

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I have not seen that behavior, but I thought you might like to know how to take a screenshot, so you can avoid having to get a second camera to photograph the screen as you did.

3. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Tried many times to screenshot the screen, but if it's in 'unresponsive mode' it won't work ... Taking a picture with my ipad was a workaround......

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

What is "unresponsive mode"? Can you open the settings app? Very seldom do I take a screenshot by pressing 2 buttons. I use Assistive Touch in Accessibility mostly. I keep the Assistive Touch button on my screen. I have moved the screenshot option for quick use.
    [​IMG]

Works great. And a triple tap on the home button hides the Assistive Touch button.

5. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I had the assistive touch set up on my previous iPad but used it so rarely I haven't bothered to set it on his one, or on my phone.... When I say 'unresponsive' I mean the 'funk' the phone would go into with 'missed calls' at times ( but not always) ie the subject of my post -where none of the prompts would respond and the phone had to be power cycled to get it back. During those episodes it would not respond to the home button either and this behavior is/was also the case with my wife's 6+.... So in order to capture the screen the easiest was was to take a picture of the device - I don't even know if the specific behaviour is connected to my carrier and whatever it's local settings and protocols are.... but asking them one would be better of consulting the coconuts in the trees...

6. snowtrooper1966

Gold

LOL
    I'm pretty sure 1/2 the CSR's out there were coconuts in a previous life....

Regarding your issue, have you done a backup and restored?

7. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

The original iOS 9 was installed on iTunes - I will wait until iOS 10 is out, then do that in iTunes as well. IF I still have the glitch I will consider doing a back up/restore at that time. In the meantime I simply won't dawdle to grab the phone if its ringing :)

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Since you have these issues with more than one device, I suspect your carrier service or wifi causing the problems.