Missed Calls?

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
This used to happen to me when I was using 3g. Since I gave up on 3g and use edge with wifi in my office I am fine. Keep in mind that if you stray out of your wifi area and edge kicks in you will not get calls if you are on safari or sending email. They will go straight to voice mail. 3G was supposed to fix this issue but the constant switching between 3g and edge was giving me the same problem.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
This used to happen to me when I was using 3g. Since I gave up on 3g and use edge with wifi in my office I am fine. Keep in mind that if you stray out of your wifi area and edge kicks in you will not get calls if you are on safari or sending email. They will go straight to voice mail. 3G was supposed to fix this issue but the constant switching between 3g and edge was giving me the same problem.
So, no need to return the phone?

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
I'm getting "some" calls going straight to VM. The phone doesn't ring and the next thing I hear is an alert that there is a new VM. There is no "missed call" recorded. Not always but lately.

Sometimes I get a missed call + VM but when there is no missed call there is VM only.

Any other suggestions? And no nothing is turned off or on vibrate. Like I said it's an intermittent situation that started happening about a week or so ago.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I'm getting "some" calls going straight to VM. The phone doesn't ring and the next thing I hear is an alert that there is a new VM. There is no "missed call" recorded. Not always but lately.

Sometimes I get a missed call + VM but when there is no missed call there is VM only.

Any other suggestions? And no nothing is turned off or on vibrate. Like I said it's an intermittent situation that started happening about a week or so ago.
Is "Manual" turned off in Do Not Disturb"? if not, turn it off.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

AT&T, right? This happened to me for years on several different iPhones and I was never able to fix it despite extensive troubleshooting. I don't think it's happened for over a year. I think it was just AT&T being unreliable.

If you want to try some troubleshooting, start with resetting your network settings. Test it for at least a week and then post back.

Reactions: Zanthe

Zanthe

#apple
Gold
Aug 9, 2007
AT&T, right? This happened to me for years on several different iPhones and I was never able to fix it despite extensive troubleshooting. I don't think it's happened for over a year. I think it was just AT&T being unreliable.

If you want to try some troubleshooting, start with resetting your network settings. Test it for at least a week and then post back.
Yep. AT&T. Started about a week ago but mostly happened at home where reception isn 't great and working off AT&T micro Cell. I rebooted the Micro Cell a while ago and rebooted my phone (again). I might just try the Network settings restart but I think it's an AT&T thing being unreliable like you said.

Thanks for the suggestions.