Missing apps

blsamuels

Mar 3, 2008
I have many apps installed on a jailbroken iPhone. The apps are still there but the launch icons are gone. Is there a way to get them back?

Mar 4, 2008
no reply, just want to subscribe to the thread

blsamuels

Mar 3, 2008
I tried rebooting but it didn't work. All the apps show up in uninstall but there is no launch icon.

p911pew

Feb 28, 2008
Northern Ireland
:mad:

This happened to me also

I just uninstalled all the apps and reinstalled

I am afraid it appears to be the only way to fix the problem!

I would advise you check to see what the Apple updates will add to your phone before updating in future as 1.1.4 does fick all:p

I tried rebooting but it didn't work. All the apps show up in uninstall but there is no launch icon.

lalique

Mar 27, 2010
Why is it that when I unlocked my iPhone with blackra1n and installed rock some apps disappeared like the app store, contacts, compass, calculator, notes, mail, and calendar? Is there a way to get them back? I already tried "reset all settings" and "reset home screen layout" but still nothing.
Btw, this is a 3GS.

Oct 2, 2009
New Jersey
www.abelgancsos.com
restore again :(

we do not provide the links to stock apps. i've checked and there actually aren't any. for the future make a copy of the stock apps via cyberduck or winscp :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Can you open them with Spotlight? Maybe they are just hidden with SBSettings.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This might be worth a try before restoring:
Settings > General > Enable Restrictions > Disable Restrictions.

Also, try a hard reset. Press the home button and the power button at the same time for several seconds until it reboots (ignore the slide to power off).

lalique

Mar 27, 2010
This might be worth a try before restoring:
Settings > General > Enable Restrictions > Disable Restrictions.

Also, try a hard reset. Press the home button and the power button at the same time for several seconds until it reboots (ignore the slide to power off).
If i do the hard reset will i have to unlock it again?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No. It just reboots it. It just takes a little bit longer than a standard reboot.