Missing contacts on iPhone

flyby390

Jul 17, 2008
All my contacts have mysteriously have vanished from my iPhone. I cannot get my MacBook to sync my contacts back to my iPhone. Any ideas? I have already restored my software from iTunes. Ever since MolbleMe update, things seem to go crazy..

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Have you tried the advanced option in iTunes under info? It is located at the bottom of the page. It allows you to "replace information on this iPhone".

flyby390

Jul 17, 2008
The only selection under advance is Mail Accounts. No Calendars or Contacts.

flyby390

Jul 17, 2008
I appreciate your replys , however my iTunes is up tp date with 7.7 (43). I guess I will try reinstalling iTunes and see what that does. A little brain storming to get the thought process working always helps. Thats what I like about these forums. Thanks again.

BTW, a word of thought. I do not have "edge" on now because I'm currently out of country for a few days. This all started after arriving here in Guam. It may have something to do being out of the MobileMe environment. I think my contacts should still sync back from my laptop though.

flyby390

Jul 17, 2008
Problem Solved! This what I ended up doing "dturner".

On my iPhone, went to Settings; Mail, Contacts, Calenders; selected my "me" account; deleted it; Add Account; and set up a Me account using my existing account information.

Re-sync'ed and all is well.

Thanks again dturner!

jim

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Problem Solved! This what I ended up doing "dturner".

On my iPhone, went to Settings; Mail, Contacts, Calenders; selected my "me" account; deleted it; Add Account; and set up a Me account using my existing account information.

Re-sync'ed and all is well.

Thanks again dturner!

jim
He has a thanks button ;)