Missing cut'n'paste and to dos sync to iCal

ee601

Dec 30, 2008
Bury St Edmunds, UK
Hello, New to the forum so wanted to say hello, and ask a question I don't see much discussion about, so thought I'd ask. Apologies if the answer is obvious or if I should RTFM (only had the iPhone for 2 weeks now, and i DO love it.... mostly!)

Why oh why can't they implement simple things we've come to expect like cut and paste? They invented it back in the 80s didn't they?

And why no to do list that syncs up with iCal? They've been trying to get us all to use iCal for ages now, and IMHO it's not a patch on Now Up To Date (or probably Entourage, but I don't use it). With my old 02 XDa (Windows Mobile OS) all I had to do was put my To Do's into iCal, then sync up, and hey presto, they'd appear in the Mark/Space calendar on my XDa mobile. If they can do that between platforms then why the **** can't Apple do it when they make both iCal and the iPhone calendar? It would almost be enough to convince me to use iCal as my main calendar in future.

I can't believe it's just me who misses this... Doesn't anyone else feel miffed at this omission?

Unless, of course there's some app out there that can do this that's not made by Apple - which might involve a Jailbreak though ... anyone have any ideas on that too? I see there are ads for it under the "**FORUM POLICY** Everyone must read" section so I guess someone round here likes it.

Cheers,
ee

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
I posted a blog touching the the copy/paste portion. Check it out here......

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
Welcome EE The Apple started you off in the right direction to answer your questions.