Missing icons & Master Password help!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

gpmrn

Oct 25, 2007
My iPhone's been acting up this week, probably from installing one too many 3rd apps. So I restored it (FW 1.0.2) following the instructions on this forum. While using independence, I deleted what I thought were 2 blank, eyesore icons- demo app and field test. After doing so, my camera and Photo icons disappeared! Now I can't access my camera, and I have to go to settings/wallpaper to view my photos. I have restored iPhone twice already with no success.
Also, is there a master password for iPhone? maybe a master password reset? I can't upgrade to FW 1.1.1 since "dottie" is not accepted & my "master password" is incorrect. This is a mess...

iFuNk

Bronze
Oct 25, 2007
My iPhone's been acting up this week, probably from installing one too many 3rd apps. So I restored it (FW 1.0.2) following the instructions on this forum. While using independence, I deleted what I thought were 2 blank, eyesore icons- demo app and field test. After doing so, my camera and Photo icons disappeared! Now I can't access my camera, and I have to go to settings/wallpaper to view my photos. I have restored iPhone twice already with no success.
Also, is there a master password for iPhone? maybe a master password reset? I can't upgrade to FW 1.1.1 since "dottie" is not accepted & my "master password" is incorrect. This is a mess...

That really sucks ... wow ... something similar happened to me in the past ... when i accidentally deleted these apps with the original mobile finder ... a restore and re-sync did the trick though ...

Maybe if somebody else on this forum has the files they can tell you where to store them on the phone ... sorry man

gpmrn

Oct 25, 2007
Thanks

I needed some comfort, at least LOL
On my last restore, I got an "incorrect SIM" the whole time. I'm afraid if I restore my iPhone, it might do it again. but I guess it's the only way to go now, huh? sigh...decisions, decisions...
I'll wait. maybe someone might have a second or third opinion.

daniel13

Oct 15, 2007
me too. tried many times and it just put me back to incorrect sim.

man, anyone can help. are you able to connect to any network? i believe not.

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hold down the on off button and the home button until you get to the restore screen. This may take up to 5 minutes. Once you get the message to hook it to iTunes do so and do a full restore and start over.

gpmrn

Oct 25, 2007
Here's what I did

I took a risk over the weekend and upgraded to FW 1.1.1 then turned around and downgraded back to 1.0.2 using the instructions @ dropthelock.com & hacktheiPhone.com.
I spent 2 damn days trying to unlock the phone! It is true- the firmware is getting harder and harder to hack! Out of desperation & realization that I bricked my iPhone and conceading to "failure", I used cyberduck and independence, just interchangeably clicking on them two. and the inevitable happened...
Independence unlocked my iPhone! My prepaid AT&T SIM card is fully functional with full bars, youtube loads up instantly, and I got my camera and photos icons back!