Missing pieces of history

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Okay I have an experiment for you.

1) Browse in your iDevice's Safari for awhile. *Maybe an hour.
2) Open up bookmarks then the history folder.
3) See that your iDevice did NOT keep a complete record of your entire browsing session.
4) Notice that it DID however keep SOME of your history from previous days.
5) Recognize that because it didn't delete previous days, it's not just saving the past, say, 50 entries in your history. It's saving pages completely at random.
6) Complain to Apple that this behavior is inexcusable.
http://www.apple.com/feedback/

There seems to be no rhyme or reason for this behavior. *How does Safari decide to save a page in your history or to disregard it? *It makes no sense. I know some of you have probably never even opened your history but I'll just bet if Apple decided to do away with it entirely you would complain. *I certainly would. *I have gone into my history plenty of times to find an old page. *And when Safari crashes and you lose ALLLL of your open pages, why it sure would be nice if you could turn to your history as a backup. *But nope.

What do you think of this bug? *Seems Stevie finds the history unnecessary. *I don't though.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I don't use mobile Safari enough for this bug to affect me but I can see your point. Do you have a link for #6?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Reeealllly? I've ALWAYS noticed this in every iPhone I've had. How much browsing do you do on your phone? Do you browse say 50 pages in an hour? Ever? Like if you are looking for a Halloween costume and you are visiting pages after page after page of picture after picture. You're telling me that every iPhone you've had keeps a complete record of EVERY webpages you gave visited that day? And yesterday? And the day before?

I highly doubt that. None of my iPhones have ever done that. I have many friends with iPhones and I've noticed thus behavior on their phones too.

Seriously, these bugs can not only be happening to me.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
I never use safari unless I click on a link somewhere and it opens due to default. Google app for all my browsing.
History is in the past I like to look forward.

Terry M.

Contributor
Silver
Feb 27, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I've noticed the same thing. It's not a big deal or even an issue for me though. Maybe it has to do with cookies on the particular site? Just pulling ideas outta my butt.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
I've noticed the same thing. It's not a big deal or even an issue for me though. Maybe it has to do with cookies on the particular site? Just pulling ideas outta my butt.
I was looking for an image for that but I'm just gonna hold off for now haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

policy140

Apr 20, 2011
imperial valley
i have the habit of deleting as much history, cache, cookies as possible, at least daily, or more often if i can set the preferences to do so upon exit of a given app. i have nothing to hide. really.

looking to liberate my ipod touch.
droid x on liberty gingerbread v0.1, slightly oc'd