Missing "sync this device over WiFi" option in iTunes 10.5 Mac Leopard and PC

Discussion in 'iOS Software' started by DoubleD, Oct 13, 2011.

1. DoubleD

DoubleD Member
    Bronze

Hi All, I updated my Intel(09) Mac running Leopard to iTunes 10.5 and updated my iPhone 4 to iOs5 but I am missing the "sync this device over wifi" option on the summary page in iTunes. Same thing is occurring on our PC running 98, wife syncs her 3GS to that box. Anyone else missing this option in iTunes? This is the only way to get the wifi sync to work is by first connecting via USB and checking this box enabling the wifi sync.

Any advice is appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Derek

2. Dengor

Dengor New Member

same problem here. the "sync this device over wifi" option is not shown. i am on 10.5.8 leopard....is this the issue?

3. MacDork

MacDork New Member

I'm in the same boat -- Leopard (10.5.8), iTunes 10.5 and iOS 5. The option doesn't show up.

4. Vance Valerio

Vance Valerio New Member

Same issue here. I see the option on my boyfriends laptop with Windows 7. But on my Mac with 10.5.8 the option isn't there. Wouldn't be surprised if they screwed us over on this as well as with iCloud requiring 10.6+. Probably gonna spend the $30 and upgrade to 10.6. So annoyed!

5. DoubleD

DoubleD Member
    Bronze

It may not be just Leopard because I have the same issue on my Win XP box with iTunes 10.5 on it.
    Anyone have any updates?

6. Dashdz68

Dashdz68 New Member

Same here Leoopard on 2008 Macbook. No wifi sync option for my ipad

7. MacDork

MacDork New Member

fwiw, I hooked it up to another computer w/ Lion and it works great, so I know that it's not a matter of my network config, or the iOS device, itself. I'm hoping Apple updates iTunes to fix this, but I think we're just stuck for now.