Mission: EIC Infiltration

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
Hit the Apple Store on 59th & 5th in Manhattan today. Left our mark behind. See below:

anyone else? photos?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragoro

Bronze
Sep 9, 2007
LOL Hilarious.

Last edited by a moderator:

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i live a block from a Apple store.. ill hit them later..... will post pic

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
that is so funny we all should go to all over the Apple stores in our area and do that

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
why is there only one bookmark? make MANY!
i can't wait to do this :D

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
That's a great idea. I'm going to the Apple store ASAP.

- John

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Awesome idea, can't wait to hook it up! Gonna hit the Apple and att store lata! MwuHaHaHaHaHaHA!

j3yq

Oct 8, 2007
I would but I've never even been to an Apple store probably because there's not one within a 2 hr drive

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Since I'm not familiar with the interface like most of you WITH iPhones are, what's the quickest way to make the icon on the home screen?

When you are on the site and tap the add bookmark to homescreen does it automatically use that eic purple tab or do you have to assign it somewhere?

Thanks, get out there and represent!;)

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Since I'm not familiar with the interface like most of you WITH iPhones are, what's the quickest way to make the icon on the home screen?

When you are on the site and tap the add bookmark to homescreen does it automatically use that eic purple tab or do you have to assign it somewhere?

Thanks, get out there and represent!;)
When you hit the PLUS and then add to home screen, the icon is already preselected from the site. Also make the text info as short as possible.

And it would be nice if CHRIS could answer this: Where did that EIC icon come from?

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
When you hit the PLUS and then add to home screen, the icon is already preselected from the site. Also make the text info as short as possible.

And it would be nice if CHRIS could answer this: Where did that EIC icon come from?
in case you are asking how he put the custom icon instead of the top left of his page. You just put a file in the site root directory called something like touch_.png . That is not really what you call it, but something like that. If that is not what you are asking, and you already knew that, then nevermind:)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
in case you are asking how he put the custom icon instead of the top left of his page. You just put a file in the site root directory called something like touch_.png . That is not really what you call it, but something like that. If that is not what you are asking, and you already knew that, then nevermind:)
You make a 57 by 57 icon, name it 'Apple_touch_icon.png', and throw in your website's root folder. I discovered this by playing around with my company's website.

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
You make a 57 by 57 icon, name it 'Apple_touch_icon.png', and throw in your website's root folder. I discovered this by playing around with my company's website.

- John
John take a look at this site and tell me what you think?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
There's a PSD floating around for iPhone icons. I took that and customized it to fit the EIC branding.

This is a pretty funny thread title and subject.

I know the Apple Store employees were upset when people were jailbreaking iPhones. I'm sure the addition of webclips is a whole new hassle. I bet they deal with the same thing with Safari. I know I've been guilty of leaving EIC up on Safari in my local Apple Store from time to time. ;)

-Chris