Mistake on World Clock for iPad

Mladen1961

Oct 9, 2012
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Air temperature for Praia is constantly showing wrong...
Is there a bigger point than that?!?
Cap Verde is in tropical area and is showing -2 or very similar lowest temperatures... Even sometimes day lite during night...
I'm wondering if anybody realize that... And where else to post this to be rectify...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Air temperature for Praia is constantly showing wrong...
Is there a bigger point than that?!?
Cap Verde is in tropical area and is showing -2 or very similar lowest temperatures... Even sometimes day lite during night...
I'm wondering if anybody realize that... And where else to post this to be rectify...
Yes, we realize it now that you've shown us proof. Additional screenshots are not necessary. The weather app once showed that it was dark and 53 degrees Fahrenheit for FIVE months straight where I live. Additionally, it used to get stuck at 99 and sunny for three days in a row quite bit. When Yahoo doesn't display accurate temperature readings, just switch to an app that uses a different weather source.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Might I also add that this is not New York, Paris, or London we're talking about... It's freakin' Praia! While I'm sure the good folks of Praia are up in arms with regards to the horrendous injustice of an incorrect temperature reading, the rest of us, not so much...

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Excepting from Apple nothing but a PERFECT... For Praia or New York - the SAME!
Because Apple is a Perfect!
Now do what ever with this post, i do not care...
This is not Apple's fault. The information is provided by Yahoo weather. Yahoo is sending inaccurate weather information. Just use an app that uses a different weather source.

image.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The iPad uses the Internet to access weather information from Yahoo. It isn't always correct. There isn't anything wrong with your iPad. Use at the Weather Channel app instead. It doesn't use Yahoo.

image.jpg

Oct 9, 2012
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Hello Europa moderator,
I buy my iPad in Charleston SW and is working perfect of course. Just do not know how to contact directly someone to rectifie this Praia thing...
Thats all.
Will try somewhere else and pls delete this conversation from there because i do not know how to do that ...
Cheers,
Mladen

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Hello Europa moderator,
I buy my iPad in Charleston SW and is working perfect of course. Just do not know how to contact directly someone to rectifie this Praia thing...
Thats all.
Will try somewhere else and pls delete this conversation from there because i do not know how to do that ...
Cheers,
Mladen
You do not need to contact anyone and we don't need to delete this thread. You just need to stop using that app since Yahoo isn't updating the weather in Praia right now and start using The Weather Channel app. Like I said in my first post in this tread, my Yahoo weather was once stuck at 53 and dark for five months. It's not that unusual for Yahoo to not update the weather.