MMS and IM available on I-Day!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
some already posted the att/Apple training guide..

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/Documents/iPhonedoc.pdf

if you read through it, on say, the top of page 6, look what it says...

"MediaNet will be used to access the internet. MMS and IM messages are included in the customer's iPhone data plan"

hmmm, i bet once you plug in and sync for the first time. MMS, iChat, and video recording.. maybe some wishful thinking, but i have my fingers crossed!

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
they put that in there for a reason, it was no mistake. i hope that its available tomorrow from a software update (which to me would make the phone 99% perfect) but if it isn't tomorrow, i would almost guarantee in a few weeks. they have that in there, so when people get their ichat and MMS and ask about how they are being billed for it, att will already know the answer since its included in your unlimited data.

BWGrapher

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Guys...

See the full version of manual..

On page #30,
If a customer decides to insert their iPhone SIM card into another AT&T device they will have the following experience:
  • Visual Voicemail will not be available, however regular voicemail will be accseeible by pressing "1" to hear messages.
On page #31
  • MediaNet will be used to access the internet. MMS and IM messages are included in the customer's iPhone data plan.
  • bla bla bla
this is about using iPhone SIM card to non-iphone device.
iPhone doesn't support MMS and IM.

Wake up guys!

rhproductions

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Tennessee
If you read the context in the full 65 page document, this is active when the iPhone SIM is inserted into another phone.

page 30-31

"If a customer decides to insert their iPhone SIM card into another AT&T device they will have
the following experience:

-Visual Voicemail will not be available, however regular voicemail will be accessible by pressing “1” to hear messages.

-MEdiaNet will be used to access the Internet. MMS and IM messages are included in the customer’s iPhone Data Plan.

-Contacts will not be accessible via the SIM."

bllzll

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
See the full version of manual..

On page #30,
If a customer decides to insert their iPhone SIM card into another AT&T device they will have the following experience:
  • Visual Voicemail will not be available, however regular voicemail will be accseeible by pressing "1" to hear messages.
On page #31
  • MediaNet will be used to access the internet. MMS and IM messages are included in the customer's iPhone data plan.
  • bla bla bla
this is about using iPhone SIM card to non-iphone device.
iPhone doesn't support MMS and IM.

Wake up guys!

ahhhh, i see what your saying. that sucks, i got really excited. i still have wishful thinking that they will update VERY soon and address most of the complaints. since most of them are just a software update away from fixing.

but i thought that we couldnt take our iPhone sim and put it into another phone to use. i guess that confirms that you can, which is VERY good. i like being able to have another phone for times that i don't wanan mess up my iPhone

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
Which means it is offically not different and Kolizion is Officially a liar.
he was officially a liar the second he got on here.

nothing he said made any sense.

but i digress....knowing that i can change my sim to an old phone if i'm going somewhere i don't want my iPhone (i.e. sandy beach) is comforting.

Bosco115

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are two compatibility methods. Think of it this way. The iPhone uses a new SIM card that doesn't allow other SIM cards to be used. Maybe they added a notch to another corner. An old Cingular SIM won't work in the iPhone, but this new iPhone SIM will work in old Cingular phones.

It's possible that other SIM cards don't work in the iPhone, but the iPhone's SIM card works in other phones. Kolizion isn't exactly a liar yet.

lucky8926

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Central IL
I don't remember him ever being too specific on the sim card. He didn't say it wouldn't work in other phones, just that it was a different kind of sim, like if you upgrade from a regular phone to a 3G phone you have to get a different sim (I had to when I switched from my razr to my blackjack) I'm not saying he is the read deal but I also don't think we can completely dismiss him.
Even if he is a fake he did have some info that we later found to be true and he indeed did allow me to "stay excited" ;)