MMS Finally Working!

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Yes...I finally got it to work! Here's a quick video I did of it in action.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Let me know if it's still working in a few weeks to a month. Att is infamous for scanning accounts and removing unneeded add-ons from iPhone accounts.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
no luck...still won't send due to incorrect settings. i will now remove from my phone.

jsntrenkler

Zealot
Silver
Sep 22, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Yes...I finally got it to work! Here's a quick video I did of it in action.:)

Very cool, glad to see you got it working. I do wonder as well if they will remove that feature from your iPhone account? Only time will tell.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I don't think it's a setting or feature they turn on. I think once the SwirlyMMS is set on the iPhone, it captures the info from when AT&T does the WAP Push. All I did was tell them I was having problems with my phones internet/data. So they did a WAP Push to my phone which from what they told me, resets & updates my sim card to make sure it has all the correct provisions. That's all they did. They didn't change or add anything to my service.

I just followed these procedures and settings:

MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com:80

APN: (blank)
Username: (blank)
Password: (blank)

Image Size: Maximum
UserAgent: Nokia_N95

Follow Steps:
1.Put in those settings
2.Call AT&T Get to Technical Support
3.Make sure you have regular MMS where your swirly mms is receiving the mms but you cant download em yet.
4.Tell them you want "WAP PUSH" (THIS IS NEEDED) This is key to download your mms.

ADDam

Bronze
Mar 2, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
If I could Press that THANKS Button a million times, I would!

Works PERFECT, and Guess WHAT? I didn't even have to call AT&T! I even have my girlfriend send me a picture and it works 100%! I will Post on here if it stops working. You get a 14 day trial, then it is $8 to buy. If it works flawlessly, I will have NO Problem paying the $8.

I am on AT&T, 3G JailBroken 2.1.

HELL YEAH!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I tried it a while back, but it didn't work for me, so I just re-installed it and tried it and it said the demo had expired. I wanna try it to make sure it works so I can buy it. WTF.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I tried it a while back, but it didn't work for me, so I just re-installed it and tried it and it said the demo had expired. I wanna try it to make sure it works so I can buy it. WTF.
Just renew the demo license.

Aug 8, 2007
If I could Press that THANKS Button a million times, I would!

Works PERFECT, and Guess WHAT? I didn't even have to call AT&T! I even have my girlfriend send me a picture and it works 100%! I will Post on here if it stops working. You get a 14 day trial, then it is $8 to buy. If it works flawlessly, I will have NO Problem paying the $8.

I am on AT&T, 3G JailBroken 2.1.

HELL YEAH!

what setting did u use?

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I know why it works on mine. I just checked my account online & I now have medianet MMS activated. I called a long time ago & had them add it because I switched between my iPhone & a non iPhone. I guess you'll have to call them & tell them you switch out your sim to a non iPhone sometimes & would like to add medianet MMS messaging to your plan for swirlymms to work. But I forgot I only requested the pay per use plan. I might have to change it.

tarfan

Jun 15, 2007
Still does not work

call AT&T they did wap push can receive but when i fetch unexpected hhtp request