MMS Help Please!

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Okay so I did the carrier update via a video on you tube and I did complete the update and followed the detailed instruction on how to do it. I have MMS on my iPhone now but for some reason when I go to send MMS pictures it says message send failure. Do I need to call ATT and enable something ? I pay for the 30.00 / month unilimited data plan for my iPhone isn't this included?

Can someone please send me in the right direction ?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

samcarroll

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
NorCal
i just did this to my dads iPhone and it still doesn't work. He updated and hardbooted and it just errors out when sending. It also wont accept any MMS. Very frustrating. Any further help?

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I am on ATT network. A few hours after I did the carrier update I got a text from ATT saying that MMS is now available for the iPhone. All is good for me everything works fine.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah, I finally got the text an hour or so after I had it working yesterday.

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
I could receive fine on the 25th but couldnt send kept getting a red exclamation point but yesterday it started working fine!

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Mine still isn't working, even after I got the text and all :(

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
Mine still isn't working, even after I got the text and all :(
If you can't get it working I would call ATT because the way I see it we are all paying for MMS every month its uncluded in that 30.00 bucks a month that we all pay.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
If you can't get it working I would call ATT because the way I see it we are all paying for MMS every month its uncluded in that 30.00 bucks a month that we all pay.
It's not included in the $30 data plan, it's included in the messaging plan. If you don't have a messaging plan, you'll be charged for each individual MMS just as you would for each individual SMS. I don't think there is anything AT&T could do, aside from referring you to Apple tech support or recommend restoring the phone.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
It's not included in the $30 data plan, it's included in the messaging plan. If you don't have a messaging plan, you'll be charged for each individual MMS just as you would for each individual SMS. I don't think there is anything AT&T could do, aside from referring you to Apple tech support or recommend restoring the phone.
Damn I didn't know know that I hope I am good.....

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I just called into small businesss care and im covered I forgot that I have unlimited text for the line that mom uses so I just talked to the REP and she said everything is good knock myself out and send as manny as I want!

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I heard this has been happening with impatient people who weren't waiting for the official carrier update to be released from AT&T. Is that what was done? If so, maybe you could get hold of the 4.0 or 5.0 carrier file and put that back on, then do it through iTunes to get to the 5.5 update.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
I did that, my account still showed my iPhone 2 g from years ago, thereforee I was provisioned from MMS lol... They said they filed a case for me and will be fixed by Wed., we'll see!

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I called in and the lady was like well even if you don't have the messaging plan I can back date all the messages you sent and then apply it to your account, I was thinking oh snap thats cool. I had it anyway though.

samcarroll

Bronze
Jul 17, 2007
NorCal
i got my dads account fixed. When AT&T switched me from my Blackberry to my iPhone plan they for some reason removed messaging from his iPhone plan. Makes no sense but its fixed now.