MMS in August

Jun 28, 2009
im new here and just wanted to say hello. i just ordered myself a white 16gb 3gs yesterday and the AT&T guy assured me mms would be fully functional by august. not sure how reliable that is but im just excited to finally have an iPhone! i have been a long time Apple user but held off on the phones...until now. it cant get here fast enough! anyway, hello!

notjustgc

Bronze
Jun 18, 2009
I think he's just reinterpreting the "late summer" statement.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I still can't believe we have to wait for a service every other phone has .

unitas

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
No customer facing AT&T employee knows when the mms update will be released. "late summer" is official, anything else that you hear is speculation.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
What is the last official day of summer? That will be the day we get MMS...
Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking :laugh2:. The calendar last day of summer is September 21st or 22nd. As much as I think it will be in mid september I am optimistic we will see it much earlier. I think the late summer prediction/statement was only said as a just in case we can't opt out everyone and complete system upgrades by then.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
I still can't believe we have to wait for a service every other phone has .
My Treo 755 Palm didn't have it...through Sprint. When I moved to the iPhone I didn't miss what I didn't have lol.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'm putting my money on October 12, 2009.
With the time it took for push notifications to come out, and the lack of AT&T trying, it could be longer.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I'm putting my money on October 12, 2009.
With the time it took for push notifications to come out, and the lack of AT&T trying, it could be longer.
They will be in deep s*** if takes any longer than September 21st since they said later this summer already. I will personally call everyday to harass them about not having it ready when they promised. I will email them and call Apple and ask why their website said later this summer and they need to force AT&T to move their asses.

glsda

Zealot
Gold
Oct 17, 2007
California
im new here and just wanted to say hello. i just ordered myself a white 16gb 3gs yesterday and the AT&T guy assured me mms would be fully functional by august. not sure how reliable that is but im just excited to finally have an iPhone! i have been a long time Apple user but held off on the phones...until now. it cant get here fast enough! anyway, hello!

Hubertcumberdale, welcome to the forum and see what a hornets nest you stirred up by mentioning mms. The members here are real cranky over that issue. Better to have brought up religion, politics or said that the Pre was the iPhone killer than the subject of the availability of mms. lol :laugh2:

Get_Zwole

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Oklahoma City
did you get your handle from salad fingers lol?

whale_hunter

Bronze
Sep 11, 2007
Hubertcumberdale, welcome to the forum and see what a hornets nest you stirred up by mentioning mms. The members here are real cranky over that issue. Better to have brought up religion, politics or said that the Pre was the iPhone killer than the subject of the availability of mms. lol :laugh2:
Jesus is Lord !

JimMayor007

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
They said it couldn't be done. They said the radio simply wouldn't allow it. But that, as it turns out, is hooey. Despite Apple's protestations to the contrary, it appears that the original iPhone is perfectly capable of sending and receiving Multimedia Messages (MMS).

Of course, that doesn't mean there's necessarily an above-board way to, in the words of Jean-Luc Picard, make it so. However, if you happen to have jailbroken your phone and have access to the Cydia installer, you can find an application called, intuitively enough, ActivateMMS2G.