MMS is out right now

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
When i shift click on the check for update button in iTunes and go to My Desktop where I saved the file to it doesn't show up. I right clicked the file on page 1 and did save target as......no luck

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Rename the file with an IPCC extension.

don't expect MMS to work until 09/25.

biggrumpy

Nov 30, 2008
in Charleston, WV, so maybe we don't get it until later

followed all the steps, changed all the settings, rebooted the phone, sent a picture
text....Red exclamation mark
Had a friend send a picture to me...go to viewmymessage.com

if there is an other fixes, let me know, but the 25th will be OK if not

thanks

Classified

Bronze
Apr 2, 2009
Red exclamtion mark in Chicago...if anyone around here gets it to work, please post settings
Im in the NW suburbs and I just got mine to work. In fact, after I updated to 3.1 I looked in the about section on the phone and it said AT&T 5.0 but I still didn't have mms options. I followed the directions and it worked perfectly. I didn't change any settings, just loaded the .ipcc file and restarted.

spif91

Bronze
Oct 7, 2007
NE Oklahoma
Working great here in NE Oklahoma but only to other iPhone users that have made the changes and non iPhone users. I have a family text plan

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Just to be clear, is there anyone who has successfuly enabled MMS on their iPhone, and does NOT have a family plan? I'm noticing a pattern here.

ronnie123

Bronze
Aug 25, 2009
Im in the NW suburbs and I just got mine to work. In fact, after I updated to 3.1 I looked in the about section on the phone and it said AT&T 5.0 but I still didn't have mms options. I followed the directions and it worked perfectly. I didn't change any settings, just loaded the .ipcc file and restarted.
I'm in Park Ridge so I'd think it should work for me too. Would you mind telling me your settings even though you didn't change them...maybe they were changed for you automatically?
In the ABOUT section, mine says
Version 3.1 (7C144)
Carrier AT&T 5.0
Thanks, Ron

Kev124

Jun 26, 2009
First post here - just wanted to thank everybody for the info here. Followed the OP's instructions, and I now have MMS working on the 3 iPhones on my family plan. Prior to this, I had OS3.1 / AT&T5.0 but didn't have any MMS or even the Cellular Data Network option under Settings>General>Network.

I didn't have to make any changes to the options under Network at all - just updated ipcc file and it works.

I have Family unlimited text plan, and located in Long Island, NY.

Thanks again.

Classified

Bronze
Apr 2, 2009
I'm in Park Ridge so I'd think it should work for me too. Would you mind telling me your settings even though you didn't change them...maybe they were changed for you automatically?
In the ABOUT section, mine says
Version 3.1 (7C144)
Carrier AT&T 5.0
Thanks, Ron
My fields are all blank except for the APN it says wap.cingular

ronnie123

Bronze
Aug 25, 2009
My fields are all blank except for the APN it says wap.cingular
I blanked out those fileds and rebooted...now the camera icon is missing from messaging. When I fill them back in, I got the camera icon back but back to the same place...it allows me to attach a photo but then I get the red exclamation point and it does not go through. Anyone have an idea? Am I missing something?

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I am on 3.0.1 with a 3GS, updated the carrier file and was all excited. Chose a photo to text my daughter... the sending status bar was just about complete and then the dreaded red !. Tried changing the settings no help.
I am in Minneapolis:dft004:tears

Tg;)

mario8267

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
twitter.com
can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?! i have mac os x, ran the terminal command... i think proerly, but iTunes still wont allow me to update the ipcc file? i get an error everytime! :( any help would be great...