MMS is out right now

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Again, it doesn't matter if you have the carrier file or if you've changed your MMS settings. The only way you'll get early MMS is IF AT&T has released the opt-out MMS option on your account.

In other words, if AT&T hasn't made either your line or your area available for MMS you can upload all the carrier files you'd like and change all your MMS settings until the cows come home and you won't be successful.

rojocrandall

Bronze
Mar 2, 2009
i have the 3gs with 3.0 software on it..is there a way to update the carrier file and get mms to work. i updated the carrier file, but don't have the camera in text messaging and cant add a picture....i really don't want to update to 3.1 yet..
Yes - I have the same unit and version - just follow the directions posted at top of thread.

rojocrandall

Bronze
Mar 2, 2009
This post has gone from helpful to completely comical.

This one thread here may be responsible for having created more new members at EIC than any other in the past. And to think we've still got almost 2 more weeks before everyone's phone is MMS ready.
And over functionality that's been available on other phones for years.
Apple's ingenius development strategy has managed to create a third world mentality...

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
I'm going to be smart and wait until the 25th. No modifying my phone or following some stupid tutorial. Some of you guys are way too desperate for MMS. ;)

Seriously, less than two weeks away!

VegazTheone

Sep 28, 2007
Just tried it and its a no go in Milwaukee....sucks oh well ill just update back down to my previous carrier update...

VegazTheone

Sep 28, 2007
I'm going to be smart and wait until the 25th. No modifying my phone or following some stupid tutorial. Some of you guys are way too desperate for MMS. ;)

Seriously, less than two weeks away!
Well for somebody that has owned a iPhone since DAY 1 I thought it was worth a try...its not like Jail breaking so I figured it was safe and plus you can alway go back to your previous carrier settings....2 weeks isn't long but id rather just try...live a little...geez :eek:k:eek:k

evolution83

Zealot
Gold
Mar 2, 2009
California
Well for somebody that has owned a iPhone since DAY 1 I thought it was worth a try...its not like Jail breaking so I figured it was safe and plus you can alway go back to your previous carrier settings....2 weeks isn't long but id rather just try...live a little...geez :eek:k:eek:k
Haha, no worries. I know it's not jailbreaking but I can wait two more weeks. I'm in no rush since its so close.

VegazTheone

Sep 28, 2007
Something very strange just happened...I restarted my phone and the MMS picture button disappeared...hmmm.. wtf

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
What part of Florida? I have 2 phones running MMS both 3Gs one on 3.0 one on 3.1 one on a family plan, the other on a single plan.

I might be able to help

RichR

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Ok, I have been using the MMS hack since July and now all my buddies are with me on the MMS banwagon. The only proplem is they have the little arrow in the bottom left corner that allows them to save video MMS's that come in and I do not. I have this arrow for picture MMS's that will allow me to save pics but not video. I am still running 3.0. Is this a 3.1 firmware thing?