MMS is out right now

Woofus

Silver
Well, it MIGHT be working... ;)

I sent a picture to two people and it went through without erroring on my end. Of course the two people I sent it to have YET to answer me back.

I noticed that after I updated the ipcc file, it had filled in the MMS info automatically. The APN - Username and Password were blank.

Only thing I noticed out of the norm was, that the proxy was listed as:

66.209.11.32:80

{Keeping my fingers crossed in St. Louis}

UPDATE: My brother (on Verizon) just sent me a picture AND an audio clip and it freakin' worked!

Yay hooray!

dynalmadman

Sep 11, 2009
I went to HowardForums and got my wife's 3Gs MMS working in about 10 minutes. Incredible.

It consists of running one command line, downloading one file, and having iTunes update the carrier file. I did a restart and MMS was there. No settings to set - nothing. It just worked.

We are in Vegas and I sent 3 MMS from her iPhone to my bold and I sent 1 back. Worked like a charm.

Hopefully it will stick. We are on a PC with iTunes 8 and she has 3.0.1 on her 3Gs. We are on the family text plan.

Michael

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
THREE QUESTIONS:

1) Would doing this mess anything up when AT&T officially rolls it out?

2) How am I suddenly going to get MMS from AT&T on 9/25? It's just going to come in over the air one day while the phone is on and not doing anything?

3) Is the only way to change AT&T in the upper left of your screen to unlock/jailbreak?
Anyone? Beuller?

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
I tried every possible setting combo you can do from the responses in this thread with a reboot of the phone every time! Just get the error and pic doesn't send, ah well :/ Possibly an east coast thing?

JPSwartz1

Bronze
Apr 19, 2009
Colorado Baby!
THREE QUESTIONS:

2) How am I suddenly going to get MMS from AT&T on 9/25? It's just going to come in over the air one day while the phone is on and not doing anything?

3) Is the only way to change AT&T in the upper left of your screen to unlock/jailbreak?

I'm somewhat a newbie, but since no one is answering, i will try.
1- don't think it will mess anything up, from what i've heard it will be a carrier update through iTunes, so it will just write over or use the same settings.
2-Like above, heard it will be another small update via iTunes, so like 3.1.1 or something.
3- I'm not JB, but yes i think that is the only way to remove the ATT.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I tried every possible setting combo you can do from the responses in this thread with a reboot of the phone every time! Just get the error and pic doesn't send, ah well :/ Possibly an east coast thing?
No, it's a west coast thing too. At&t just has to get to everybody.

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
Thanks for the answers. My friend JB his phone and changed it and then restored it and locked it but that part still remains - weird.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I did not get mine to work in So. Cal, but here is an issue that I'm having:I have the camera icon to send but get the exclamation error, thats fine I was just going to leave it until 9/25. but now when I try and send a sms txt to more than one person in a txt it says MMS Group and fails to send the txt. Anyone have this problem who hasn't gotten mms to work and any ideas how to fix it?

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
THREE QUESTIONS:

1) Shouldn't mess anything up...

2) The update, I assume, will be a carrier file update sent through iTunes when you sync on 9/25. Or it will be 3.1.1 firmware update.

3) Yes that is the only way to change it. Sometimes when you JB and then upgrade to another firmware without JB items will stay there. (like the battery percentage on 3G iPhones)

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
but now when I try and send a sms txt to more than one person in a txt it says MMS Group and fails to send the txt. Anyone have this problem who hasn't gotten mms to work and any ideas how to fix it?
Go to Settings > Messages > turn 'OFF' MMS Messaging
:eek:k:eek:k

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Help

I am slow...but I try to enter the command at the prompt but its not working. Can some one write the complete command as you would enter it for Windows XP 32bit....