MMS is out right now

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Mms

No working on the west coast of Florida. I have it all done but just get a red !.
Anyone want to send me new setting please feel free.:cool:

Dustu2

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
Houston, TX
Anyone else who has successfuly enabled MMS should post screenshots of their MMS Network settings, along with their area, so that others may check and see if your settings work for them.

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
I got it here in Maryland sent and received 3G 3.1...about time, ok I am done with MMS now..lol

one028

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
I went to HowardForums and got my wife's 3Gs MMS working in about 10 minutes. Incredible.

It consists of running one command line, downloading one file, and having iTunes update the carrier file. I did a restart and MMS was there. No settings to set - nothing. It just worked.

We are in Vegas and I sent 3 MMS from her iPhone to my bold and I sent 1 back. Worked like a charm.

Hopefully it will stick. We are on a PC with iTunes 8 and she has 3.0.1 on her 3Gs. We are on the family text plan.

Michael

can you post the link to howardforums?

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
It seems to me that those who are successful have a different texting plan then the standard iPhone texting.

When you get this working post what kind of plan and texting you have.

At best the settings listed here set you up for the 25th but for most this is not going to work until then.

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Also I noticed that after I install the Carrier 5 file, I have to restart my phone then shut off everything (3g, WIFI, Bluetooth) and return to edge.

I run an app like stock to make sure I can make a data connection then turn on 3G before everything works (except for MMS).

This might help some of you who seem to lose data or VVM after installing the 5.0 carrier file.

Boombotz

May 16, 2009
Quick question I downloaded the file and did the command line do i have to change the file extension on the file i downloaded because i get a .zip? Thanks

one028

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
i have the 3gs with 3.0 software on it..is there a way to update the carrier file and get mms to work. i updated the carrier file, but don't have the camera in text messaging and cant add a picture....i really don't want to update to 3.1 yet..

Boombotz

May 16, 2009
i downloaded the file and i keep getting the .zip and iTunes wants an .ipsw file. am i suppose to rename it?

toothman

Sep 11, 2009
i am having the same problem as boombotz and when i shift click on check for updates none of the file types are able to be downloaded?