MMS is out right now

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Just tried on my 3GS, western PA. Working fine. Sent several mms everyone I sent to received

toothman

Sep 11, 2009
i did add to the mms settings. the correct settings are on the previous pages. try page 13 or 14. there are other posts with them.

cliffeman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
Feenix, Amizona
So for those who did not pay attention to OP's link with the instructions. Here it is again. This might clear up some confusion as to why you cannot load the .ipcc file.

For Windoze XP/Vista/W7 (32bit)

click start, run
type command or cmd to bring up the command prompt.
Copy this entire command "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
Right click and paste in the command box and hit Enter.

For Windoze XP/Vista/W7 (64bit)

click start, run
type command or cmd to bring up the command prompt.
Copy this command [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
[/FONT] Right click and paste in the command box and hit enter.

Close the command prompt.

Download the modified .ipcc file from the link on the first page if you don't already have it.

Plug in your phone and open iTunes.

Select your phone in the device list.

Hold Shift and click on update.

Browse the location of your file. Select iPhone Configuration files on the drop down menu (pictured). Open the .ipcc file and click Ok.

After the settings have updated, REBOOT your phone.

EEZ123

Sep 6, 2007
Working in Salt Lake City. Cool that animation, cartoons etc work as well. Also you can send voice memos. Nice

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
any word on why the drop down menu wont change off the ipsw and give me a choice for ipcc?
If you followed the instructions, then you would have enabled ipcc files to be loaded manually. go back to the link and follow the instructions, but get the correct file from Papa's post.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
From my count, we have someone who got MMS working with a regular text plan (not family), someone who has it on 3.0.1 (not 3.1), and some who have gotten it without even updating their IPCC. So the only real variable I see here is which tower you connect to. So I really think we should all stop losing sleep over this until the 25th.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
From my count, we have someone who got MMS working with a regular text plan (not family), someone who has it on 3.0.1 (not 3.1), and some who have gotten it without even updating their IPCC. So the only real variable I see here is which tower you connect to. So I really think we should all stop losing sleep over this until the 25th.
But then what do we talk about? The fact that we 3GS users can't downgrade anymore or that the 3.1 jailbreak isn't officially out yet? ;)

GSXRMike

Silver
Jun 21, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
Works perfect for my phone AND my wifes. We're in St. Augustine, FL, just south of Jacksonville. This is tight work. Real easy, too. Didn't have to swap any SIM cards, either.