MMS is really pissing me off!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kipper

Bronze
ok I know the iPhone will not get picture messages and you gotta go to www.viewmymessage.com. The problem is, I CAN NEVER GET THAT STUPID SITE TO SHOW MY MESSAGES! It ALWAYS says my user name or password is inncorrect!b WTF WTF WTF WTF! goddamn att is pissing me off.....:oops::(:oops::(
I feel your pain man, trust me. I always reply back to those people and tell them to send it to my regular email addy which gets forwarded to my iPhone anyways. Everything must be correct when u are copying over the name and password and I noticed that they use the number "0" and the letter "o" sometimes in the same line so u need to make sure that everything is specific and it does take a long time before the server responds. I wish they would make a clickable link to solve this problem. I don't think that would be so hard to do.

firefighterjmar

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
ok I know the iPhone will not get picture messages and you gotta go to www.viewmymessage.com. The problem is, I CAN NEVER GET THAT STUPID SITE TO SHOW MY MESSAGES! It ALWAYS says my user name or password is inncorrect!b WTF WTF WTF WTF! goddamn att is pissing me off.....:oops::(:oops::(
i too feel your pain. i can't even get on that stupid site unless i'm on wifi. then when i am able to get on that site it's usually like a day later when the message does me no good. definitely a downfall.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I think this is Apple's subtle hint to get everyone on iPhones to stop using MMS and start using mobile email.

As more of my friends get an iPhone, the more streamlined our communication has become. I don't get MMS anymore, now I get emails with huge pictures from their iPhone camera and a full parapraph of text describing it. I prefer that much better, but in-a-pinch, yeh, nuthin' beats MMS :(

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I often have difficulty getting the code to work on my home computer as well. I have to try the site in 4 different browsers (AOL, IE, Firefox, Safari) before it'll work sometimes. It really can be a nuisance.

jivey

Sep 25, 2007
I have the hardest time logging into that site! I just had to check one and it actually worked. I agree there should be an easier way to view your pics. How about being able to set up an account so we don't get a different ID and password (I hate trying to decide whether it is a O or a 0)each time and a clickable link in the text.

tonyj81

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
VA Beach
I think this is Apple's subtle hint to get everyone on iPhones to stop using MMS and start using mobile email.

As more of my friends get an iPhone, the more streamlined our communication has become. I don't get MMS anymore, now I get emails with huge pictures from their iPhone camera and a full parapraph of text describing it. I prefer that much better, but in-a-pinch, yeh, nuthin' beats MMS :(

Wish more of my friends would get iPhones, because I would prefer mobile email over MMS as well. But I understand everyone else frustrations over this because I can get on to the site either to look at my picture messages.

smiles985

Jul 24, 2007
California
i usually don't care too much, except for when i ask a friend to send it to my email, and they don't listen! THAT makes me very angry... but i guess thats not the phones fault :)

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I agree it pisses me off. Usually the problem with the login results in the fact it takes about 15 minutes for the server to recognize the message id and password. if you try to log in as soon as you receive the pic message it won't work. I usually get it to work after 10-15 minutes.

I've come to grips with the fact that iPhone will never have MMS. Partly why I bought another phone but am still keeping iPhone. But for iPhone to not support MMS is crazy. Most people won't know how to email a pic message from their regular old flip phone. And I sure as hell don't like trying to figure out everybody's carrier and MMS address.

sunshineprincess

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I'm constantly gtting picture emails from friends and yes, it sends me to that stupid site. Well, if all my friends just sent emails like I CONTINUE to ask them, it wouldn't cost me a text message. Problem is, my boyfriend and I used to go back and forth w/ mms and now...we can't.
:( and he's too lame to get his email account set up with his blackberry. why don't they make mms possible for us. is it that difficult?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'm constantly gtting picture emails from friends and yes, it sends me to that stupid site. Well, if all my friends just sent emails like I CONTINUE to ask them, it wouldn't cost me a text message. Problem is, my boyfriend and I used to go back and forth w/ mms and now...we can't.
:( and he's too lame to get his email account set up with his blackberry. why don't they make mms possible for us. is it that difficult?
oh I'm sure it's not all that difficult to enable the iPhone for MMS. I'm betting AT&T has crippled that function for us. The Slvr also received MMS via that viewmymessage.com crap.

Aug 6, 2007
Chicago
oh I'm sure it's not all that difficult to enable the iPhone for MMS. I'm betting AT&T has crippled that function for us. The Slvr also received MMS via that viewmymessage.com crap.
Why would AT&T cripple that feature when every phone they sell has it besides the iPhone. This is definitely an Apple decision. Apple calls ALL the shots for the iPhone.