MMS just came out

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
proxy: 066.209.011.032

I just sent one using this setting, it shows that it sent but I wont know if it was received until later today when I check with the recipient.

I tried this but the person I sent it to has still not received the MMS message. It acted like it sent but it never got received. That's why I asked if anyone had one that they knew had actually been received (by someone not on the AT&T network).

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
hmmm yes I sent a couple.... No reply as of yet...

yes it is NOT working for me.... It will say sent but no one gets a message....I tried several people..
Also, the program freezes up while trying to send maybe 3 out of 5 tries....

Either I cannot get it to work or there are still quite a few bugs here...

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Its a great start to something that we've all talked about at one time or another, I am sure with enough time these devs will try and make us all happy campers! I for one and going to keep and eye on this app

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i have sent several mms which are going through. I sent one to my verizon cell and sure enough it received the mms almost instantly then ive sent a couple to friends on tmobile and they have confirmed that they have received them as well.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
i have sent several mms which are going through. I sent one to my verizon cell and sure enough it received the mms almost instantly then ive sent a couple to friends on tmobile and they have confirmed that they have received them as well.

Can you post your settings since you said you were on AT&T?

dblaron

Bronze
Feb 17, 2007
So this is the question.
What OS is everyone using and let us know if it works on your phone or not. This will help us keep a log on what is going on with this software. And put where you live and what addresses you used. I can send the messages but the end user does not receive them. I am on 1.1.2 and live in southern Ca. I tryed mmsc.Cingular.com and 066.209.11.032

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i am using 1.1.2 otb phone
my setting for att are MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com

hope that helps

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Question for you guys. I notice once you pick the picture you want to send it inserts the actual file path. If I know the path of a file that isn't a picture, can I type it in there to send? I want to send a ringtone like I used to do with my RAZR. Im gonna test this tonight once I get home since I don't know the path for my ringtones.

Rockky

Bronze
Aug 8, 2007
when you write in the proxy #....do you just put that # in.....or do you preface it with anything? (I.e. cingular.proxy:...etc)
Thanks

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Question for you guys. I notice once you pick the picture you want to send it inserts the actual file path. If I know the path of a file that isn't a picture, can I type it in there to send? I want to send a ringtone like I used to do with my RAZR. Im gonna test this tonight once I get home since I don't know the path for my ringtones.

For anyone who cares, I don't think this works. I tried it with the right path which is /var/root/Library/Ringtones/songname.mp3 and it kept telling me to input a valid file name.

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
did that person get your picture......because i sent 4 successfuly and no one got them

MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com

I just sent one using this setting, it shows that it sent but I wont know if it was received until later today when I check with the recipient.