MMS now working on AT&T.

bosphil

Bronze
Jan 28, 2008
Instructions:

Hit shift and click software update in iTunes. Choose the downloaded file.

Restart phone. Bingo !

bosphil

Bronze
Jan 28, 2008
I contacted ATT and they set the flag on my account to MMS=yes. They said it was okay. I told them I was using the 3.0 beta.

Guys please don't shoot the messenger. It works on my phone. I just wanted to share it with you. You use at your own risk. You need to contact ATT to enable MMS before it works.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I contacted ATT and they set the flag on my account to MMS=yes. They said it was okay. I told them I was using the 3.0 beta.

Guys please don't shoot the messenger. It works on my phone. I just wanted to share it with you. You use at your own risk. You need to contact ATT to enable MMS before it works.
Thanks - that got my MMS option working again. I guess it's too late to call AT&T tonight, but I'll call them later. I'll also ask them about additional charges for MMS while I have them on the phone...:)

bosphil

Bronze
Jan 28, 2008
I talked to ATT. MMS is included in a text messaging plan I have the $5 200 message plan.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Thanks, bosphil. That is good to know. You still had to contact AT&T to get the feature turned on, correct?
im pretty sure you gotta switch from a iPhone sms plan to a regular sms plan. im on the family unlimited plan and mms works

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
nvm it works again, if u restart your phone you gotta keep restarting till it works again.