MMS Petition

iMacoo7

Oct 23, 2008
Petition.. Take the time to read this*

I am a new member and am trying to sign on to as many sites as I can. The iPhone is an awesome phone but lacks several features.Here recently I have noticed Apple taking notice to online petitions filled out by the end user (Ex. Petition for the firewire port to be placed back on the new mac books, another petition for the ability to disable auto correction). This petition that I started is for the ability to be able to use MMS. There are signatures on the current petition and it is making strides, so im here asking this forum for a little bit of support in the ongoing effort for signatures.
Link for petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/IPMMS/petition.html

If there are other iPhone forums that members here are apart of, if you could spread the word, this would be very helpful to the matter at hand.
Regards

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I am a new member and am trying to sign on to as many sites as I can. The iPhone is an awesome phone but lacks several features.Here recently I have noticed Apple taking notice to online petitions filled out by the end user (Ex. Petition for the firewire port to be placed back on the new mac books, another petition for the ability to disable auto correction). This petition that I started is for the ability to be able to use MMS. There are signatures on the current petition and it is making strides, so im here asking this forum for a little bit of support in the ongoing effort for signatures.
Link for petition:
http://www.petitiononline.com/IPMMS/petition.html

If there are other iPhone forums that members here are apart of, if you could spread the word, this would be very helpful to the matter at hand.
Regards

iMacoo7

Oct 23, 2008
Thanks for your vote of confidence

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Thanks for your vote of confidence
I would like MMS as much as the next person but we've been down this road before...over a year ago...apple has said over and over that it's just not going to happen. But that's cool....I do support your drive, by the way. I just think you're wasting your time.....

iMacoo7

Oct 23, 2008
a year ago there were fewer users(6 million compared to the new 7+ million) and allot less countries (Only the US last year compared to several Countries now added)using the iPhone.So comparing last year to this year is a very obsolete comparison.As I have stated its worth a try and this is a new year.Thank you for the support!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
a year ago there were few users and allot less countries using the iPhone.So comparing last year to this year is a very obsolete comparison.As I have stated its worth a try and this is a new year.Thank you for the support!

You have a valid point. I stand corrected. My fingers are crossed

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
You MMS lovin' people sure are a passionate flock.

From an altruistic standpoint, I'd be happy to see it happen, but it just doesn't really add any functionality for me personally. I didn't use it before I had an iPhone and now I can just email pics.

I'd love to see everyone happy, but from my perspective there are bigger issues.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I agree with kisstine about bigger issues. I am not trying to be negative, but I would honestly be willing to bet money that it won't happen. I think that the wise thing would be to accept and adopt the email picture sending. Its not that much of a burden. Even if you get thousands of people to sign the petition, it doesn't guarantee anything.

iMacoo7

Oct 23, 2008
I agree with kisstine about bigger issues. I am not trying to be negative, but I would honestly be willing to bet money that it won't happen. I think that the wise thing would be to accept and adopt the email picture sending. Its not that much of a burden. Even if you get thousands of people to sign the petition, it doesn't guarantee anything.
This is really funny to me.Allot of people do not have internet nor email addresses.
I am a graphic designer and use mms on a daily basis (Using a windows mobile device). There are others in other countries that do not have internet but do have unlimited text messaging and use this feature on a regular basis. If 1,000's to millions sign or do not sign the petition, at least myself and those others have tried.This is not last year as people fail to realize.Last year the iPhone was just a US marketing phone,now this phone is being sold worldwide and in countries that MMS is a big deal (1 in particular is China). So If this is a valid petition or just another one to get lost in the many 1,000's of petitions that Apple sifts through, at least myself and others have made a chance at making a change if nothing else.

In ending,
Im not doing this because I want the feature because it lacks it, im doing it because I purchased my 90 year old grandmother (And yes she knows how to use a phone and send and receive mms , after a few days of training) to be able to send her pictures of my children, and no she does not have internet nor email.But now seeing how I use the iPhone as a primary and forget to take other phone/phones with me as a backup for pictures , it gets frustrating as well as disappointing when I cannot send the picture right then and there that I might snap of my 10 month old son or my 14 year old daughter. so I do it the old fashioned way and print the photos out and send them.
Everyone forgets that not everybody has an email address, and some that do have them do not know how to download pictures.They know how to write and send messages and nothing more,then some do not even have internet connection, or might be using dial up(And yes this still happens to this day!) or use a library computer to access the internet and not get to use the computer on a daily basis.

I could go on and on about the emailing pictures as well as receiving a thumbnail that cannot be saved , resized or any adjustments because it is embedded into ATT website when you go to view the photo that is only valid for 7 days....
Sometimes thinking outside of the box does help.
I can do without copy and paste and others cannot- same argument just a diff. pair of shoes, so to speak.
Again thank you all for the neg. as well as pos. criticism on this matter and if you do or do not think its going to work-well in the end we can all say we tried and gave them hell!
Again thank you

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
The real bottom line here is that you bought the phone knowing its capabilities. I don't fault you for trying to get something more for your money, but you knew the limitations of the device.

If you really want to do something useful for your grandma, get her online.

And because I am a teacher and a little obsessive about things, it will serve you well in your professional communication to be aware of the fact that "allot" and "a lot" are different. The one you meant is the latter.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I would also like to add that you can save images on your phone from emails, and they are not just thumbnails. Obviously you have your mind made up, maybe you should look into a different device? (Not being hateful or sarcastic at all)

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Never want to discourage anyone from trying to get what they want, but I don't think Steve really cares. Personally I don't care about MMS, but I know a lot of people do.
Good luck with your effort.

iMacoo7

Oct 23, 2008
Actually the bottom line is that in hopes of having several trivial features be added to the iPhone(Front facing cam,better MPX camera etc.),why not start with things that can be added via a firmware update. Yes I did know the limitations and have read up on all the patents that were applied for in respect to the iPhone.All I am trying to do is spread the word. Although I love a good debate, but my debate stems to the millions of users that would love this feature as well as other features.Nothing more nothing less. Thank you for the support again!

iMacoo7

Oct 23, 2008
Thank you , I am a dreamer as well as think outside of these little bubbles that most stay in. The iPhone will make changes as it is sold almost globally. In order to keep us intrigued and to put our 2 cents in the fight to bring more feature sets, better/powerful hardware we have to try to at least start with the little things! Thanks again for your support

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm a dreamer as well. I don't really care about MMS, nor do I think this will work, but what's the harm? It took all of 5 seconds for me to do.

Come on, people. Just do it if you haven't already.

iMacoo7

Oct 23, 2008
Thanks for supporting the cause!Let's see if we can raise a few eyebrows as well as make strides in other areas in the future if need be!

medlinsw

Aug 3, 2007
I signed the petition, but I think we might get better results with a petition to AT&T to fix viewmymessages.com. All it would take is a clickable link to log into and view your messages. Any competent web designer could do it, but AT&T doesn't seem to care.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've signed. So have my mother and sister. I think tomorrow my father, brother-in-law and nephew are all going to sign.