MMS problem (from JB)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Roger1111

Sep 30, 2012
Hey guys I got my iPhone 5 yesterday. Restored from a backup of a jailbroken iPhone 4 and mms is not working. I can't send or receive pictures . I believe I did have a custom one or something from my 3G (carried it over from all my iPhones). Data works fine but the mms don't. I tried installing the custom apn via one website but it did not work. It disabled my data. I know I can setup as new phone but that's not an option for me.

Help please?

Roger1111

Sep 30, 2012
I need the 3 years of texts for personal reasons. If it comes down to it, I'd rather keep them than have mms. Surely there's a fix for this? Not sure what the problem could be.... I tried all the AT&T ones here "unlockit"but nothing....

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Yes I tried that. Even cycled airplane mode on also
Reset Network settings. The only thing you'll lose is wifi login credentials i.e when you go round to your mates house and you usuall log straight onto his/her wifi you'll have to input the details again.

When you reset network settings, your phone will delete all existing settings and download the new ones.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I restored from a 4S that had been jailbroken although I upgraded to iOS 6 first & have no problems.

Roger1111

Sep 30, 2012
Thanks guys. I'll try to reset the network settings later today. I think I remember the problem now. A long time ago I had to download something apn settings related to send mms. This was before att allowed it or something. I'm assuming those settings have carried over from the 3G to the 4 and now to the 5.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thanks guys. I'll try to reset the network settings later today. I think I remember the problem now. A long time ago I had to download something apn settings related to send mms. This was before att allowed it or something. I'm assuming those settings have carried over from the 3G to the 4 and now to the 5.
Simply resetting network settings should clear this problem, another option would be to get the carrier settings for your phone in form of an .ippc file.