MMS Should work on AT&T

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
If you have the hacked ipcc file right?

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
yeah im saying it should work on the 3Gs if you already have the carrier hack on your 3.0 beta now...

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
yeah im saying it should work on the 3Gs if you already have the carrier hack on your 3.0 beta now...
Just like Napoleon I have had it set up since march. As soon as you get the 3GS you will have the stock carrier file which is not supporting mms at this time. And if you want to add it you will have to get the first iTunes beta to add it. And then it all depends on if your account is set up to support it.

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
I have the 3.0 beta now with the hacked ipcc file, so as long as I have that file and an older version of iTunes, or at least the one before they stopped you from adding your own ipcc file, i can add it in when i sync my iPhone 3Gs to iTunes. This inturn will enable MMS and Tethering on my iPhone 3Gs, correct?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I have the 3.0 beta now with the hacked ipcc file, so as long as I have that file and an older version of iTunes, or at least the one before they stopped you from adding your own ipcc file, i can add it in when i sync my iPhone 3Gs to iTunes. This inturn will enable MMS and Tethering on my iPhone 3Gs, correct?
OS 3.0 only works on iTunes 8.2 so you will need that first 8.2 released with beta 4. It should enable it unless they found out a way to lock it out with the new phone. They did say security and encryption was better on the new one(or maybe that was 3.0)

FrankieG889D

Bronze
Mar 23, 2009
Yeah i have everything that i should need.. i was just trying that it should say that if you have mms on the 3g you should be able to get in on the 3Gs.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Since no one has a 3G S we can't say for sure it will sync with the first prerelease iTunes, I suspect it will, but until someone gets their hands on the phone and tries it...it's just speculation.