MMS solution 2.0

yuntanman

Jan 4, 2008
some people are still upset at the fact that Apple dropped the ball on mms again.... but here is my thought...

people have used swirly mms and successfuly have sent pictures and received them as well, while others had problems. the problems were generally due to the iPhone data plan including a text package that was provisioned for only text. People that have had success either had a family text plan or added a free feature on their accounts by calling att which enabled them to send and receive picture messages for i believe it was 35 cents a message...

So now that the new iPhone data plans doesn't seem to include texting, maybe we can just get a regular text package from AT&T and use swirly mms to enable the 2.0 to send and receive mms! b/c the regular text packages from AT&T do not restrict mms capabilities. unless AT&T's iPhone data plan has some kind of provision to restrict the regular text packages from being added to your account or if you need to get an Apple specific texting package, i don't see why this won't be feasible!

right?

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
The base plan with 200 texts is texts only, I have upgraded to the data +1500 and have been able to send and receive with no problem.

I am the only line on the account and the only phone is the iPhone.

I have sent and received probably 20 mms with swirly and had no problems.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
And remember, with the SDK I bet someone will release a really nice quality third party MMS app.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
SwirlyMMS is a nice app, if they could polish that up a bit and make sure it functions for everyone they will have a huge audience to sell their app to.

If they can eliminate having to use mobilefinder and all the other steps I don't know a single iPhone owner that wouldn't buy it.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
SwirlyMMS is a nice app, if they could polish that up a bit and make sure it functions for everyone they will have a huge audience to sell their app to.

If they can eliminate having to use mobilefinder and all the other steps I don't know a single iPhone owner that wouldn't buy it.
Why should I have to pay for a feature that is as stock as it gets? It's like charging to check your voicemail.

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Why should I have to pay for a feature that is as stock as it gets? It's like charging to check your voicemail.
To give developers more incentive to stretch the boundaries of the phone, youre paying 199 for the phone and 70+ for the service, 10 bucks will break you?

Yes its basic but Apple doesn't support it, you can email pics to other people if you want and its free.

And ATT charges you to send an receive them anyway, so its like ATT charging you for your voicemail not Apple.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
We do get charged to check our voicemail here in Ireland with O2

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
how do you get swirly mms to work? i haven't gotten it to yet

LEVID

Jul 20, 2007
The base plan with 200 texts is texts only, I have upgraded to the data +1500 and have been able to send and receive with no problem.

I am the only line on the account and the only phone is the iPhone.

I have sent and received probably 20 mms with swirly and had no problems.
What settings are you using with swirly? I am running the same package and haven't been able to send any successfuly

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com/
Proxy: 066.209.011.032

Image size set to medium

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com/
Proxy: 066.209.011.032

Image size set to medium
thank you but i already had that but whenever someone would send me something it would go to my text and tell me to go to viewmymessage.com?

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
thank you but i already had that but whenever someone would send me something it would go to my text and tell me to go to viewmymessage.com?
I never got that message on my phone for some reason I don't know, I had them add 1500 texts at the store and never mentioned I had an iPhone, maybe the person added something different.

I can send and receive with no problems and my amount of texts on my accounts adds every time I send or receive one.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
damn thanks though......any one else got this working?