MMS:// Streaming?

drumthrasher109

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
drumsplace.co.cc
Is there a way to receive mms:// streams on your iPhone?

I found one way of doing it but it's kind of...not something I would want to do whenever I want to do this.

Orb. I have Orb on my iPhone and Orb installed and running on my PC. I can then add and play whatever MMS stream I want, BUT I have to leave my PC on whenever I want to watch something, which isn't anything I want to do.

SO, is there an easy way to play MMS streams on an iPhone?

I tried VLC4iPhone but it sucks. Nothing works and it keeps crashing.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
On a stock phone, there is no true MMS at this time. Tons of people have been wanting this since the V1.

kokowawa

May 14, 2009
WunderRadio app

Just found WunderRadio app from app store... it is fantastic... playing all and every streaming URL including mms :laugh2:

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
On a stock phone, there is no true MMS at this time. Tons of people have been wanting this since the V1.
I think you are confusing MMS (Multimedia Picture Messaging) with mms:// which is a MultiMedia Stream. MMS doesn't exist, however I believe there are apps which can pick up an mms:// stream and play the audio (or video).

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
I'm sure Pocket Tunes can do it. I can test it if you want.

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
am I confused as to the terms being used, but doesn't Pandora and I heart Radio stream music?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
am I confused as to the terms being used, but doesn't Pandora and I heart Radio stream music?
Yes the both stream music but they stream music from their own sources. You can't input a custom mms:// stream into either application and have it start streaming the audio.