MMS Support

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
although AT&T don't commit to their inclusive SMS. Many other mobile providers around the globe have clearly stated their iPhone plans. I haven't heard any mention of mms with in those plans. Although I would love this I can't see it happening.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I should would like to hear something official from Apple. Why wouldn't Stevo discuss this in the keynote?

|3are

Silver
Jun 13, 2008
Texas
I've sent maybe three picture messages over the entire two years I've had my Razr. It's hard for me to get excited about this issue like some of you do.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
well i have received about 100 in year and was able to recover like 10 with that viewmymessage crap

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
nice find! that would be sweet - i do miss mms. i don't get a lot of mms messages from my friends, but i do like to send them every now and then. i wouldn't be surprised if steve jobs hadn't mentioned this during the wwdc keynote because AT&T still hadn't worked out how they were going to handle the messaging parts of the plans they will offer (and we still don't know about text messages!)...

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think I would use MMS more on my iPhone than any other phone I've had simply because of the better camera.

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
of all the camera phones I've owned I have used MMS more than SMS. My wife and I send tons of pictures to each other of kids. MMS is useful to me because if I am at the store and I want my wife to see something there to see if I am picking up the right thing I will snap a picture, send it to her (can do the same with email but with no push 15 minutes is too long to wait) and then get a yes or no reply or call.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
There have been things introduced at Keynotes in the past that shipped with surprise features not mentioned at the Keynote. And although I would like MMS support, I'm doing as the article suggests and taking this with a grain of salt.

- John