MMS texting

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
since i on occasion like to send pics from my phone to other wireless phones, i found a link http://www.iphonehacks.com/2007/08/mms-on-iphone.html for sending MMS texts from my iPhone. however it did not work and i was wondering if anybody found a solution to this.
It works this is the same work around that I use to use for my blackberry since the it did not have text messaging. The problem you may run into is when the other carrier does not allow there users to receive mms through there number email address.

enice128

Sep 13, 2007
It works this is the same work around that I use to use for my blackberry since the it did not have text messaging. The problem you may run into is when the other carrier does not allow there users to receive mms through there number email address.
i'm still confused. bear w/ me since i am new. i just found that link and immediately i texted a pic to my boy who i always sent pics to w/ my old cingular blackjack. why is it not working now?

Jul 24, 2007
If you have a yahoo account as your default account I don't think it will work. I had the same issue until i switched my default account to my gmail account and it works everytime!

Hope this helps!

enice128

Sep 13, 2007
mms ing

I sent out a test myself but the person I know with a blackjack is sleeping.
thanks for the input. i have like 5 email accounts some of which i haven't ysed in years. i changed the default on the iPhone to aol mail and it worked when i sent a pic to a verizon cell, does that mean it should work for everyone else?

enice128

Sep 13, 2007
enice128;99120 thanks for the input. i have like 5 email accounts some of which i haven't used in years. i changed the default on the iPhone to aol mail and it worked when i sent a pic to a verizon cell said:
yo thanks i switched my default email acct from yahoo (like u said) to my aol acct. sent the same pic to sprint/nextel, AT&T and verizon so far all 3 got them. AT&T even has 2 of them and they both work. check out this link. its the most accurate so far.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467

until a software patch or whatever this will have to do. i even set my default email on my iPhone to aol due to this.

im just not sure if i can receive any MMS texts. they might have to send them to my AT&T link which i sent them and not to my cell #.