MMS without 3.0? on AT+T?

ant7701

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
Ok so yesterday I get a text from my cousin and its a MMS text with a link to viewmymessage.com with an ID and password to see it. It says I have 7 days to view it. But the weird part is when I followed the link.....it was an AT+T site that said multimedia messaging and was able to get the small video that was sent to me

now he doesn't have an iPhone, he doesn't even have AT+T
so how did this happen? He doesn't know I have an iPhone and probably wouldn't of sent me something knowing that so....is it possible that AT+T is incorporating this somehow? or is this just some third party site thats using AT+T's logo....i dunno

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Yeah.. that's what happens when you get an MMS on the iPhone before 3.0. This has been this way since forever.

ant7701

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
huh? if this has been this way FOREVER? then why is everyone buggin out that the iPhone doesn't have MMS? Not saying you are wrong or anything, but If I can view the pic or video that someone sends me.....then whats the problem? why is everyone making such a huge deal about not having MMS if we can view it....lol. Sprint has the exact same type of service for their windows mobile phones.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
huh? if this has been this way FOREVER? then why is everyone buggin out that the iPhone doesn't have MMS? Not saying you are wrong or anything, but If I can view the pic or video that someone sends me.....then whats the problem? why is everyone making such a huge deal about not having MMS if we can view it....lol. Sprint has the exact same type of service for their windows mobile phones.
Because is not real MMS.

Oh, and people always find something to whine about. ;)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
The "Viewmymessage.com" website wouldn't be that bad except the ridiculous username and passwords they issue. It would be better if it was your phone number and a password of your choosing.
The other problem is that on the iPhone, you cannot click on the image to view in "full size" like you can from a PC.

It is a poorly implemented substitute

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
The "Viewmymessage.com" website wouldn't be that bad except the ridiculous username and passwords they issue. It would be better if it was your phone number and a password of your choosing.
The other problem is that on the iPhone, you cannot click on the image to view in "full size" like you can from a PC.

It is a poorly implemented substitute
plus you cant send anything. you have to use email or jailbreak and get your Swirly on...:cool:

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
viewmymessage has never worked for me. I even tried copy and pasting the text so I wasn't switching an o for a 0 but still didn't work...

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I hated that site when i had my original iPhone V1 because of the ridiculous username and password but since I got my 3G I haven't even received those tests anymore...

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I hated that site when i had my original iPhone V1 because of the ridiculous username and password but since I got my 3G I haven't even received those tests anymore...
Are you able to send and receive mms on 3.0? I ended up not getting those texts before and they took a couple days to fix it, but what it ended up being was that I was accidentally mms provisioned and was unprovisioned for the viewmymessage text.