Votes: 35 87.5%
  • no

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Weve all I read the discussions about how useful or not MMS. 'its a must' 'its a dying technology'. I must say I would like this feature on my phone. Why? Well because its in use and I think it will be for the foreseeable future. Yes we have email. Yes we can receive MMSs and view them on the net but why not simply add a function that most if not all other phones have. Even blackberrys with there great push email abilities have them.

On the other hand they're expensive.

Can we have a vote on it! Who wants MMS and who doesn't

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes im getting tired of this vewmymessaage crap for over a yr now... why don't they just get with the program....

MMS !

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
64 views and only 8 votes. Come guys' gals use your vote to settle this matter once and for all. I know wanting it is a different matter than getting it but give the forums view. To vote select your choice above at the very top of the page, above the first post! Go on your country needs you. Remember the last time you didn't George Bush became president ;)

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I voted no because I hardly send pictures to people from my phone. Although the viewmymessage thing is annoying. I guess if I could change my vote from no to yes I would because I would like to see the pic ppl sent me...although people do know to send it to my email...so maybe I would leave it no...

coasts

Zealot
Gold
Jul 15, 2007
New York, NY
www.lomohomes.com
most people also send to my email knowing my phone's limitation, but it's just that. it's limited and it limits others in how they can contact you. i received an MMS the other day while at work so i punched it up on viewmymessage and it was less than work appropriate. no way to have figured that...stupid viewmymessage.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
most people also send to my email knowing my phone's limitation, but it's just that. it's limited and it limits others in how they can contact you. i received an MMS the other day while at work so i punched it up on viewmymessage and it was less than work appropriate. no way to have figured that...stupid viewmymessage.
Yeah..and also, vvm sometimes doesn't work! I really hate it...but luckily the ppl who contact me are aware of my phones limitations as well...its quite embarrassing though.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i can deal with email... been a yr now i can live with it i guess.... but the thing that i don't like is the video thing.. such a nice big screen and i cant watch a video that was sent to me.. that is lame..

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
I want MMS-got a picture message last night from the UK, it was harder getting to that message than it is on View my message! and that's hard enough.

H

Hayesimus

Well, I want it just so I can send personal pics to friends and they to me. But I DO however LOVE that I can't get those STUPID damn messages that people at work try sending me. You know the ones, the GIFs, usually of a sexual humor nature. I swear before I had the iPhone, my inbox would be FULL of that crap. I'd have to delete stuff daily just so I could receive texts. I do NOT miss that. But it is rather annoying to not be able to send a file directly to my friend's phone. BTW, why in the world do some people call it a DYING technology? I mean how? Its extremely convenient and easy. That's not a dying technology... It would be like saying you'd rather churn butter instead of using Parkay... the spray kind even.

H

Hayesimus

OH.. i will say that if they would allow file sending via bluetooth, then yeah. I would rarely use MMS because I'm usually right next to the person. That's the feature I REALLY want. It was almost a deal breaker when I realized that they conveniently left that off.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
For: I voted yes because my SIL sends me pics of my niece and VMM is a PIA.

Against: But there are better pics on my niece on their blog. And email is superior to MMS. As other phones get better email technology, I think MMS will go away. I just email my iPhone pics to any contact that I want.

Conclusion: I am sure I would use MMS if it was on there, but I do not need it. But I am old and only use abut 5 text msg a month, also. :p I just call people or write an email.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I voted no because I hardly send pictures to people from my phone. Although the viewmymessage thing is annoying. I guess if I could change my vote from no to yes I would because I would like to see the pic ppl sent me...although people do know to send it to my email...so maybe I would leave it no...
Sounds like someone's confuuuuuuusssseeeeeddddd....................... :p

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
OH.. i will say that if they would allow file sending via bluetooth, then yeah. I would rarely use MMS because I'm usually right next to the person. That's the feature I REALLY want. It was almost a deal breaker when I realized that they conveniently left that off.
Hayes...why would you need to send them the personal pictures, if youre right next to them? ;)